900 Gallon Salt Water Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anyusufaly

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone. This is my first post. I bought a business back in May that has a 900 gallon salt water FOWLR tank. Since buying the business, the tank has become a passion of mine. I am constantly looking for new fish to add to it. Didn't realize how expensive of a hobby it can be, but it's all worth it when I look at my tank and get to take some pride in it. When we got the tank, there weren't many fish left in it since the previous owners didn't want to put any money into buying fish. I bought it with the following fish in it.

Blonde Naso Tang
Blue Tang
Dog Face Puffer
Zebra Moray Eel
Niger Triggerfish
Porcupine Puffer
Bicolor Foxface

So, not a lot of fish for such a big tank. Since taking over, we have removed the Porcupine Puffer since it was aggressive and picking on the other fish. I have also added the following:

4 Hawaiian Yellow Tangs
Green Bird Wrasse
2 Maroon Clowns
Powder Blue Tang
Sweetlips
2 Porkfish
2 Pakistan Butterflyfish
3 Heniochus Black & White Butterflyfish
Australian Pseudochromis
Broomtail Wrasse
Humu Humu Picasso Triggerfish
Cortez Ray
Panther Grouper

I also put a juvenile Imperator Angel in, but it didn't make it. We are going to put in an adult Imperator Angel hopefully this week. Not sure what else to add. I want to add maybe 2 or 3 more fish and then I think the tank will be complete for right now. Looking for something bright but also has to be large since all of the fish that we have in there are on the larger side. Any suggestions would be welcome. I also have some pictures of the tank and its occupants down below. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_9288.jpg
    IMG_9288.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 284
Welcome to AA glad you found us here :) and Oohhh Myyy God..... That tank is beautiful!

For a tank that size, I'd actually change it up a bit. You have several large fish, and with a tank that size, you can accommodate a school of anthias. Maybe ten females and a male. There are very few sights on the reef that can compare to that shimmering orange. Like a creamsicle with pink stripes on the eyes.

Sharks aren't really appropriate for a community reef tank. Angels will also pick at their eyes. They would also very likely knock over rocks. Two sharks would fight.

Back
Top Bottom