Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrc8858 said:
Your gonna have to pass on the cowfish they get over 1'

And they release toxins when threatened and can eat tube worms so not very compatible with reef…

It's a working list lol

What have you stocked so far

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
Oh wow, that is a very nice array of rock!

I like your stock list, doesn't seem over the top and have resisted the idea of getting say a tang or angelfish.

Our clean up crews seem quite similar! Just letting you know that the blood shrimp is a lot more shy then the standard cleaner shrimp, which is a shame as it is so vibrant, although I did have it cleaning my hand the other day!

Thanks,

Yes I wondered why the shrimp is always under the rocks hiding when I go into the amazing you can get yours to clean your hand. Do you know much about peppermint shrimp?

I've not read up on tangs or angels. Are they tuff to keep?

Andi

I was shocked when it cleaned me too lol! I've not had any dealings with peppermint shrimp, although I do recommend a emerald crab or two!

It's just that tangs and angels (not dwarf) need more room to swim and grow, tangs are very prone to stress. I'm not one to talk as I've had a regal tang, which caused an ich outbreak and it ended with 3 dead fish. And I currently have a Koran angel (which is my favourite!) which is why I'm considering a major upgrade.

So research the fish thoroughly before you buy and don't make the same mistakes I have!! But like I said your stock list is reasonable!

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
I was shocked when it cleaned me too lol! I've not had any dealings with peppermint shrimp, although I do recommend a emerald crab or two!

It's just that tangs and angels (not dwarf) need more room to swim and grow, tangs are very prone to stress. I'm not one to talk as I've had a regal tang, which caused an ich outbreak and it ended with 3 dead fish. And I currently have a Koran angel (which is my favourite!) which is why I'm considering a major upgrade.

So research the fish thoroughly before you buy and don't make the same mistakes I have!! But like I said your stock list is reasonable!

I agree totally. It took me over a year to finally buy my tank after researching the hobby through books and the internet.

I have downloaded a great app on my phone, a marine fish encyclopaedia. it's brilliant.

image-4068945263.jpg

Have you completed your list know or have you got any other fish in mind?

I will have to look at that app!

At the moment I have:

1 Koran angel juvenile
1 clownfish
1 cleaner wrasse
6 chromis
2 cleaner shrimp
1 blood shrimp
3 blue hermits
3 emerald crabs
3 turbo snails

I'm well stocked in this tank but will return 3 chromis and look at other fish for the upgrade, loving the Sohal tang but just been informed it needs like 200 gallons so that's a no!

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
I will have to look at that app!

At the moment I have:

1 Koran angel juvenile
1 clownfish
1 cleaner wrasse
6 chromis
2 cleaner shrimp
1 blood shrimp
3 blue hermits
3 emerald crabs
3 turbo snails

I'm well stocked in this tank but will return 3 chromis and look at other fish for the upgrade, loving the Sohal tang but just been informed it needs like 200 gallons so that's a no!

I like your list!!

The Sohal is stunning, you will have go even bigger with the upgrade then.

The Koran angel is also another stunning fish how are they to keep?

I think I will not be getting a Sohal! The Koran is very robust when I had my ich outbreak he was the only one who wasn't affected by it, definitely one to add at the end of stocking as mine definitely bosses our tank, I swear he even sizes me up when I'm watching him!! A dwarf angel would be great in your tank, I like the coral beauty

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
I think I will not be getting a Sohal! The Koran is very robust when I had my ich outbreak he was the only one who wasn't affected by it, definitely one to add at the end of stocking as mine definitely bosses our tank, I swear he even sizes me up when I'm watching him!! A dwarf angel would be great in your tank, I like the coral beauty

Ha ha funny, i bet he is a character.
I like the Potters angel it's markings and colours are lovely.

Yea the potters is very striking indeed, would be a great addition but add it last!

I've just uploaded a new video on YouTube in HD, look up my name oOBRIGHTY84Oo

Quality vid. Your tank is ace. I'm still really wanting to add the wreck I showed you.

I love how the coraline is now on the wreck.

I think the wreck is a nice feature, especially if you are going to do corals as you could have them living on the ship!

Do you have any bits of rock with coraline on it?

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
I think the wreck is a nice feature, especially if you are going to do corals as you could have them living on the ship!

Do you have any bits of rock with coraline on it?

Me too.

I've got some rock with patches of red on but I can't tell if it's Coraline or not. I'll have to post some pics. Will it promote some growth then?

I think if your water flow is good and conditions are right then it should spread, to make mine spread I scraped flakes of and let it fly around the tank.

You will know if it is coraline because it is really tough!!

oO BRIGHTY Oo said:
I think if your water flow is good and conditions are right then it should spread, to make mine spread I scraped flakes of and let it fly around the tank.

You will know if it is coraline because it is really tough!!

Hi Brighty,

Could you take a look at this pic. Could it be Coraline?

image-268118498.jpg

Also The black back panel has started to show signs of a brown powdery substance could this be the start of an algae growth

image-3616289962.jpg

Back
Top Bottom