Bio cube to 57 gal rimless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just caught up on this tread. Tank looks great man! Oh and those 2 hammers should be fine next to each other. A buddy of mine has a euphyllia island in his 120g. Has 5 different frogspawns, 3 different hammers, and a torch. All literally touching one another. I don't think the torch is in contact with the others but its within an inch while fully expanded. Its a really cool sight to see. That basslet is a really neat fish. Thought of getting one before I got my orchid dottyback.

Just caught up on this tread. Tank looks great man! Oh and those 2 hammers should be fine next to each other. A buddy of mine has a euphyllia island in his 120g. Has 5 different frogspawns, 3 different hammers, and a torch. All literally touching one another. I don't think the torch is in contact with the others but its within an inch while fully expanded. Its a really cool sight to see. That basslet is a really neat fish. Thought of getting one before I got my orchid dottyback.

Thanks. I am glad to hear it's a hammer as I am going to place them next to each other. My LFS has a maroon/gold colored one which would give me three different colored hammers. I like the idea of a garden of them as they have great movement and seem to do well in my tank. The black cap is one of my favorite fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Picked myself up an Azule Damsel. Damsels get a bad wrap but between him and my yellow tail I am a fan.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413762172.777810.jpg

Very nice! You gonna get that gold and maroon one? That sounds really cool.

I wish, but it has 7 or so heads on it; so it's a little too rich for me. I will hold off for a 2-3 head.

Guess who picked up a crocea clam today!!!???

I will post a pic tomorrow. He hasn't adjusted all the way yet.

Didn't really extend his mantle today. He already attached his foot to the rock so hopefully he is still just getting adjusted.

How's the clam? Pics?!? I would love one but need to upgrade my tank and lighting first. They have been on the very top off my wish list since I started getting into SW.

I've had a rough go at it recently. I will update later. Does anyone have experience with a yellow candy hogfish? Also, any experience with a green hydnophora coral? I am thinking about picking them both up tomorrow.

Here are the new additions. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416682143.561857.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416682179.188198.jpg

Thanks!!! He's pretty awesome. On another note I have never been much for testing water parameters (other than salinity) but I have decided to change my ways in hopes of moving to an SPS dominant tank. I have a Hannah Low P04 test kit and tested my water for the first time. 0.14ppm...yikes!!! No wonder my mushrooms are spreading like mad. I got my reactor up and running with some phosguard and will get a water change going tomorrow. My Alk is a little low at 7.9 so I will slowly be bringing that up as well.

Thanks!!! He's pretty awesome. On another note I have never been much for testing water parameters (other than salinity) but I have decided to change my ways in hopes of moving to an SPS dominant tank. I have a Hannah Low P04 test kit and tested my water for the first time. 0.14ppm...yikes!!! No wonder my mushrooms are spreading like mad. I got my reactor up and running with some phosguard and will get a water change going tomorrow. My Alk is a little low at 7.9 so I will slowly be bringing that up as well.

I am one to get lazy on checking some things as well. I check them, but probably not as often as I should sometimes. Yes, I would definitely recommend checking your parameters as often as you can, especially in an SPS dominate tank. I think I'm going to go with a lot more SPS's myself when I do my tank upgrade.

Treated myself to something nice todayImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419812924.527354.jpg

Seems to be settling in. Moved off original rock, but not too far.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419875450.398087.jpg

Very cool! I love my tiny little RBTA. Mine took almost 2 weeks to get really comfortable and stay put. Good luck with it, they are extremely attractive!

Back
Top Bottom