Check this out. Stereoscopic 3D picture of tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, I havn't seen any stereoscopic images before done with fish tanks so i thought I'd give it a try. I attached one here but there will be a higher quality version in my gallery once its approved.

To view this, you need to sit back from your monitor and cross your eyes until the two images line up. The right is the left eye and the left is the right eye so it will appear in full 3D once you get it aligned and in focus...

What do you think? Little better than the flat version of most images hey?? Anyone else done this before...

Attachments

• stereoscopic_small.jpg
    stereoscopic_small.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 426
That's really cool, though I can't quite get it. I get the 3d, but I can't quite focus the image all the way to get the details.

Thanks RogerMcAllen, and ya, it takes a minute to get used to looking at these. They become easier and easier as you adjust to them. I've done them lots with other 3D graphics and photography work, but never thought to try on the tank. It works best to start at least 3 feet away from the monitor (easier to focus), once you get the images lined up, just keep staring. You brain should eventually change your eyes to focus on it perfectly and then it will "jump" out at you. Looks great when it does!!

I can focus on them in less than 5 seconds now that I've done it lots before...

Oh one more trick. Once you get the images lined up, try blinking (as long as you don't move your eyes) that is often enough to trick your eyes into refocusing. That is how I figured these images out when I first saw them....

Here's another picture angle. This one seems to be easier to focus for me. Hopefully for you too.

Good luck.

Attachments

• stereoscopic2_small.jpg
    stereoscopic2_small.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 257
you have to be able to cross your eyes easily. Then the trick is to move back, the further back the easier it is to focus. If your back 4-5 feet even, you should easily see it once you line up the images by crossing your eyes...

Does anyone else get these? Or is it some special ability I've always had??

cool idea for sure but im very unlucky as i have the worst eye sight than anyone in this forum :-( ive never been able to watch 3d ! having only one focusing eye just dont cut it
wish i could though im sure it be cool

would it help to see color in both eyes... long story short.. I got happy with my brothers laser pointer when I was six.

I got the second one... not the first.. I believe the trick is to not directly look at the picture but cross ur eyes and have the pic in the background of your view, it will slowly adjust... Pretty cool, but its hard to get my eyes to cross that much...

My eyes HURT thanks!!!! they feel strained

Remember those 3d pictures, the OG ones? (Psychedelic looking lines: purple blue, etc...) maybe if you compiled the images together so they were not just right and left, like if you layed the images next to each other kinda overlaying eachother.. then more ppl could see it

hey everyone, I'm glad I posted these just for all of your comments and replies more than anything else!! Hilarious!! :lol:

If you can't cross your eyes that much, move back further so you don't have to cross so much. And I think you're right xahx, you try not to focus on the picture much. Move back and the focus is easier...

One more tip: If you hold your finger exactly half way between your eyes and the monitor and look at it, that is the point where the images will overlap (you might even see part of the effect), then you need to do the same without your finger so your eyes will focus on the picture...

Now, the red / green stereoscopic images could be done as well, but then you need the red/green glasses to go with it. I doubt many people happen to have them laying by their desk to see the pictures in 3d heh??

Anyway, hope som more of you get the focus down, they really do look cool. I think the second one is easier than the first to see for some reason also.

Hope I have not caused any permament damage to any of you. Maybe I should post a disclaimer with the images?? :lol:

I used to look at these all the time.......it is amazing how quickly you can do it again after not doing it for years......

....I got them

I can use the finger in the way trick to get the pictures to line up but haven't been able to bring them into focus yet. Thanks for the brain teaser!

Back
Top Bottom