Chizer & Bunoi 67 Gallon Palace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

Thanks for looking. I still need to setup my protein skimmer and auto doser. Updates will only occur on a weekly basis. Cheers

Chizer :fish1: & Bunoi :fish2:

IMG_4328.JPG

Wow looks incredible!! So jealous! :)

Hey don't be jealous. It only took me 10 fish tanks, and a lot of wasted money to get to the one that I'm finally satisfied with. Hahah.

Keep aspiring to be better than your last tank and you'll definitely succeed. (y)

Woo, thrilled that you're making a build thread for this tank—it's looking fantastic so far!! I can't wait to see how things progress. And I'm really happy you saw my comment on your nano thread—I keep going back to those pictures when I need some inspiration for my own nano.

Keep the gorgeous pics coming! Your tank is already museum-quality, and I'm excited to know what you do with it next!!

James

Looks really good. Coloring up nicely. How do you have the mp10s set? Your stand is really nice too.

Woo, thrilled that you're making a build thread for this tank—it's looking fantastic so far!! I can't wait to see how things progress. And I'm really happy you saw my comment on your nano thread—I keep going back to those pictures when I need some inspiration for my own nano.

Keep the gorgeous pics coming! Your tank is already museum-quality, and I'm excited to know what you do with it next!!

James

Thanks James. I'm learning to play with the ISO on my point and shoot camera so hopefully some future images will look nicer. (y)

Looks really good. Coloring up nicely. How do you have the mp10s set? Your stand is really nice too.

Hey Bige. I just saw your pond thread. That some awesome build you got going on. Going to subscribe to it for sure.

The MP10's are currently on 70% for reefcrest mode. Two of them are on anti-sync mode. Having 3 of them is overkill and really, I only need to have two of them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. :dance: 2013

I did finish mounting everything in the cabinet.

IMG_4357.JPG

Just to explain the sump a little bit. I have a 200 micron sock on the drain. I replace this once a week. Then I have the carbon on the hanger so that I can knead it daily (yes I like to cause needless work for myself). It is swaying because I have a Hydor 1400 pump in there keeping detritus from settling (that is sand you see at the bottom).

Then there is the protein skimmer, ATO, temperature controller, heater and return pump. And dosing pump tube holder.

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

IMG_4359.JPG

I also decided against going full ZEOvit. I'm going to hybrid it as follows:

Carbon Dosing - Vodka + Microbacter7 & ZEObac + Fozdown (when required)
Coloration & food - Iodine, AA, CoralVital, Pohls Xtra, DT's phyto & Roti-Feast

Also going to feed my clownfish a balanced mix of frozen food

IMG_4373.JPG

Why use vodka+microbacter? Also, what's the green mat under your return pump? Have you considered using biopellets instead of vodka? So your running a ulns, what nitrate are you trying to maintain? And phosphate?
I run biopellets and my nitrates are always 0 and my phosphates are usually 0.01 to 0.05. But usually 0.01 (per Hanna).

Amazing tank, so nice and neat and organized. The colors with that lighting look amazing. I like the look of the two separate islands too. Very nice!

Why use vodka+microbacter? Also, what's the green mat under your return pump? Have you considered using biopellets instead of vodka? So your running a ulns, what nitrate are you trying to maintain? And phosphate?
I run biopellets and my nitrates are always 0 and my phosphates are usually 0.01 to 0.05. But usually 0.01 (per Hanna).

I might go the BP route in the future, but prefer to have the option to experiment with different carbon sources for now. If I get cyano, I"ll switch to vinegar. I might go the route of prodibio or zeostart3 as well.

That green mat is a gardening mat from the dollar store. lol

I don't ever have a problem with nitrates or phosphates. But then if I stop dosing carbon, the nitrates/phosphates will creep up. ULNS is my chosen method to maintain the proper levels for my SPS. My corals are now starting to color up with blues and purples. Only time will tell I guess.

Amazing tank! Just going to follow this so I can come back and stare at it some more :lol:.

Thanks. :brows:

Amazing tank, so nice and neat and organized. The colors with that lighting look amazing. I like the look of the two separate islands too. Very nice!

I hope the islands stay that way too. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom