Clownfish breeding tanks/ venture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But if you abuse it too much they get pissed. Like if you buy all the cool corals on a regular, you can get fired.

I hope everything goes well. Hope there is enough of a bacteria pop to support the two fish coming. How high did your ammonia get? I just don't want to see you lose high dollar fish.

Only about 2ppm, but I don't think I'm throwing excessive bio-load in. Thanks for your concern, though. I would hate to lose those fish too D: D:

Te ammonia was from food I drop in too keep the cycle going.

I think you should be alright, just check daily once they are in to make sure there are no ammonia spikes and keep some mixed SW on hand. Thats what i had to do when i treated my clown in a new qt tank, checked it twice a day and ended up doing daily 50% water changes. I don't think you will have as much as an issue as I did though haha.

Did another test cause I'm so eager :p Appears I'm edging up towards twenty ppm of nitrate. Also, I looked in and I'm seeing some cool stuff in my tank already, mostly feather dusters. There in all different colors, and one is a deep, deep red thats really beautiful. To bad its so small right now.

So, after a converstion with a man named Bob, I have learned that the fish are five weeks into quarantine and will need to be quarantined about three more. That's okay though, gives me more time to cycle the tank, get it ready for them, establish cultures, etc. Although I don't expect there to be much in the way of breeding for a while in my tank because they will be getting used to it, better to be safe than sorry :p the man from ibluewater was VERY friendly, and a great rep. Maybe I can ask for a picture of my incoming pair in a few days :D

If your setting up a breeder tank,I would remove the LR and just have a terracotta pot in there.Let algae grow on all sides of the tank apart from the front,raise temp to 80,make sure there is plenty of food in there and lower salinity to 1.020.This fools the fish into thinking it is spring time(breeding time) and there is plenty of food for thr fry.if you dont move the rock out you'll have trouble catching/removing the fry unless your willing to stay up very late on night 8

Back
Top Bottom