Di's 80gal reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't work out the app so sorry no comments went with this. Upgraded from a 40gal to this one at Xmas- love it although my wallet suffers every time I go to the LFS and see the corals. Any advice on better placement etc is appreciated.Please don't bring the tang police out on me-he came with the tank and is advertised for sale. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391290120.978791.jpg

This is my new scolymia Australis coral-bought him the Australia Day long weekend so it was fitting ; )ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391290378.190602.jpg did a PWC and his feeders were out. I think it's pretty cool.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391290996.016363.jpgfull view of tank ....no tang police please.....the coral on the lower right I was told had nitrate burn from my smaller tank. He has bleached a bit too from too much light at the top of the tank so moved him down. Should he pick up and get his colour back?

Ok so hubby bought me a pinnatus batfish as a surprise for Valentines Day not knowing anything about them except I loved them since I was young. He stayed one night and went back to the LFS the next day as not compatible with my tank size, reef or tank mates. I came back with some chromis, scissor tails, banggai cardinal and blennyImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392440419.323327.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392441093.667479.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392441199.603219.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392441231.304244.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392441340.406032.jpg. This is my tank now. Love it. Still trying to sell the sailfin as fully stocked now. Hope you like it as this is my upgrade I bought in Jan....although I still can't help looking at even larger tanks haha

Nice tank but I hope you realize that batfish gets almost 2 feet tall and is almost impossible to keep alive in captivity. Good luck but it will need an upgrade if it lasts that long

Oh sorry lol I see you do understand about them.

yes when I buy I carry my ipad and research first - had no control over this purchase except return him very next day. They should be kept in exhibitions, zoos etc and by experts.Thats not me lol and the high susceptibility of ich had me running to fetch a bucket and fish net haha

yes when I buy I carry my ipad and research first - had no control over this purchase except return him very next day. They should be kept in exhibitions, zoos etc and by experts.Thats not me lol and the high susceptibility of ich had me running to fetch a bucket and fish net haha

Haha I understand! That's why I tell my gf not to buy anything without me being there. Beautiful fish though, hope it works out :)

Haha I understand! That's why I tell my gf not to buy anything without me being there. Beautiful fish though, hope it works out :)

Thanks....I have had so many ups n downs going into marine. Can't believe how much $$$ I pour into it and attention the tank gets while my poor puppies jump up n down at the door to get a pat lol I have told my hubby the same~he bought a large blue tang even though I argued and yes; it got ich....long story but gave it away in the end to someone who could treat it successfully. Then my anemone died after being injured accidentally ( by him ) and nuked my whole tank just after I bought it and topped up the corals- these pics are afterwards...more $$$ on corals n fish....not giving up just yet :)

Back
Top Bottom