dp's 300 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like short pulse that much...but one thing I did notice is that the MP40's in my tank would be noisy if there wasn't proper support from the tab holding the cord. If there is slack, they can droop and loose their alignment. Properly aligned wet and dry sides make almost no noise.
I'll give the tabs a go. Thanks for that advice! I was holding off on attaching until I was sure about their vertical placement. (And was considering adding a third mp40 to that side)

I thought I would try taking a few photos with something other than my iPhone camera. (although that has worked pretty good)

A few of my favorite dudes...

IMG_1202.jpg

Coral Beauty - Always on cruise through the rocks.

IMG_1136.jpg

Purple Tang - The most aggressive towards algae sheets.

IMG_1072.jpg

Achilles Tang - With his little cleaner following him along.

IMG_1217.jpg

Desjardini Tang - Always first to bum rush the food!

Breeding Clownfish

Every month our little clownfish lay eggs on the rock next to their anemone. Today I grabbed a little video footage of them in action.

youtube

(a bit sad though when they are all gone in two days)

"Nature all around us boys...take it in, take it all in."
~ The great outdoors (for you movie buffs)

Those are beautiful pictures, love that achilles tang!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Neptune DoS dosing pump last week. (I still call it like the old school Microsoft os) ha

Setup was pretty straightforward. Did most of it in the software vs the apex display. Calibration took a bit to get right.

Been testing alk and cal daily trying to figure out best daily dose. I'm slowly raising both right now.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426624419.716651.jpg

Looking more flat on my ph graphs. (Doing calcium dose as ph rises later in day and then start alk as it falls in the early am)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426624521.540557.jpg

Averaging in the 8.5 range for alk right now and 380 for cal which are lower than what I want. But slow and easy we go!

Some new additions to the tank! Trying to get a bit of color and feeling a little more confident in my water stability.

Hollywood stunner for $69
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427245098.684038.jpg
Think he'll be ok mid level with a bit of shade? Love to glue him to my overflow wall vertically. Can that be done?

A blasto frag for $20
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427245175.323201.jpg

Another $20 frag
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427245243.813015.jpg

You'll want the chalice like it is. They are medium/medium type of corals. I have a bazooka joe in my tank and I have it way off to the side so it isn't in the direct light from the radions.

Those are beautiful! I know barely anything about SW, but I can tell you have put a lot of effort into making this.

Back
Top Bottom