Fairly new 35g hex reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dakotajoe1

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my 35g hex I'm working on. I'm running a Eheim 2217 and currently 3 T8 but I'm about to make a new lin from acrylic that will fit either 4 T8's or maybe 6 T5's. The current livestock is a feather duster, GSP, condy anenome, texas trash, unknown zoa, kenya tree leather, birds nest, 2 turbo snails, and a maroon clown.

ForumRunner_20121017_224011.jpg

ForumRunner_20121017_224530.jpg

Thanks! It took me almost a week before I got the rock how I liked it. I plan on having the whole bottom left leg mostly covered in GSP. I love that stuff lol

Well that I don't know yet. I had a starry blenny but I think my condy killed him while I was on vacation. I'm not real fond of most fish that are small enough for this tank so I haven't decided where to go yet. I really like fish cause they make the tank look a little more alive but like I said there are only so many that will work in a 35g. I almost went with a seahorse tank and ! I'm pretty proud of it. I jus need to increase the lighting and start growing some coralline to replace the diatoms!

I don't usually like the shape/look of hex tanks, but yours is great. Love the aquascape! Good job (y) If you don't like the selection for a 35, upgrade *nudge, nudge* Jk.

Well thank you! Like I said I spent some time on the aquascaping getting it just right. It could still use a few peices of rubble in the seams to make it look a little more like one solid rock.

dakotajoe1 said:
This is my 35g hex I'm working on. I'm running a Eheim 2217 and currently 3 T8 but I'm about to make a new lin from acrylic that will fit either 4 T8's or maybe 6 T5's. The current livestock is a feather duster, GSP, condy anenome, texas trash, unknown zoa, kenya tree leather, birds nest, 2 turbo snails, and a maroon clown.

What kind of rock is that? I love it. will it stay that white? and is it live?

Its the eco-rox or something like that from bulkreefsuply. They came dry but only $2.50 a pound and pest free. They were originally bleech white but quickly turned brown with diatoms, but the turbo snails keep it right about this shade

Back
Top Bottom