Few pics - 75g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccCapt

SW 20 & Over Club
Camera isn't too good for tank pics, but here's a few anyway.

FTS
tank-fts.jpg

Right side
tank-right.jpg

tank-rt%20angle.jpg

Left side
tank-left.jpg

tank-lt%20angle.jpg

Clowns
clowns-sebae.jpg

Monti cap...about 14" across
monti-cap.jpg

A very nice looking tank even though it is SW. :p

I am tossing the SW idea around rightnow and can only hope I end up where you are now.

Beautiful!

i agree ... nice tank !! i love my hydors too !! i do have 1 question though ... how are you keeping that xenia from spreading everywhere ?? lol

Thanks.
Actually it's anthelia, which is very similar to xenia, and also grows like a weed. It used to cover a big piece of lr in the back right corner of my tank. I took out the rock and scraped just about all of it off the rock and glued it to shells. There is still quite a bit growing on the back glass tho. The shells are now confined to the sand bed. One it starts growing off the shell and onto the sand, I cut it off, glue it to another shell and take them to the lfs for store credit.

That is a beautiful tank....I always look at other folks tanks and wonder how in the heck you get your lr to stack up so nicely. Mine looks like a toddler did it.....how old is your tank? Also, how many trys did it take to get such a nice layout?

Thanks. I setup a 50g breeder (36x18x18) about 18 or so years ago. I moved everything from the 50 to the 75 I have now about 2-3 yrs ago. Most of my rock is Hawaiian...which was legal back then. I added a few more lbs when I moved everything to the 75.
I have lots of flat pieces of rock and pretty much made a base with the flat pieces and stacked it up on that.

Back
Top Bottom