Finally, pics of my reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy929

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been working hard on this setup since I did an upgrade/relocation. It's been up and running for around 6 months now. The previous setup was up and running for well over a year. Made a lot of mistakes in the beginning because I listened to the LFS folks. Anyway, here's my new setup:

90g acrylic
4.5" DSB (Southdown)
~145lbs LR (75 from the old setup and the rest from LiveRocks.com)
2x250w MH 10,000k
2x65w PC actinics
30g sump packed with chaetomorpha
skimmerless (and loving it)
Iwaki external pump at 1200gph

Enjoy!

http://homepage.mac.com/houseofwindsor/reef

Every single photo is excellent. That a wonderful tank and you should be proud. Its hard to belive thats 145lbs of live rock. The rock must be somewhat dense.

fishfreek,

You're not the first to point that out. All I can say is that there are a couple really big pieces in there. Plus, when you buy cured LR, how do you account for water weight???

That's a stunning tank.. and your photography is excellent too (y)

Thank you very much for your kind comments :D On the photography bit though... it's really the camera :? I picked up the Canon Digital Rebel last year to take pics of my daughters soccer excursions. It really does a fantastic job. I need to get a tripod for the tank shots though. It's kinda hard to keep the camera still with a 300mm zoom lense on for the far away closeups 8O

As you can probably tell, the clown gobie is my favorite fish to photograph. I have tons more of him, but I didn't want to make the other fish jealous :lol: And he does love to hang out on the SPS alot, but has been known to park on the leather and ricordeas from time to time.

Speaking of ricordeas, is there a good online resource for those? I wanted to add more color to the tank without going too crazy. It seems like ricordias are good for this.

TIA

I love your tank. You have done a good job. It must have taken a lot of time to set up. I am going to show these pictures to my children. They will be thrilled and at least one I'm sure will comment that they can see Nemo, Dory, and Marlin.

I dream of having a salt water tank some day and as soon as I do all my children will say lets get a fish that looks like Nemo.

Back
Top Bottom