First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you...

Well I put them in when my tank was 2 days old... I caught them with a cast net... They've grown a lot... And I know the parasites had me worried but I rinsed then in facet water( I know it probably didn't help) and then put them in the tank... I'm actually thinking about tank raising then and selling them at 2-6 inches long... They do rearrange the sand in the tank though

They look really nice and im loving that one sand shrimp lol let me know first thing if u get to breed and sell them I would love to,have a couple of those shrimps

They look really nice and im loving that one sand shrimp lol let me know first thing if u get to breed and sell them I would love to,have a couple of those shrimps

Only thing is... They prefer colder water... During the winter months they come inland and in the summer they move out to deeper waters... Also I've never shipped before but could try it..

img_2238873_0_0433045fbbf4980befcd11bf29b9d684.jpg

img_2238873_1_deac8f5f6a02a6c6105ee684dd4d9391.jpg

img_2238873_2_276c64ae3f99adab2b069ab97410c83e.jpg
sexy shrimp, black snowflake clown, tile starfish

sexy shrimp, black snowflake clown, tile starfish

Those sexy shrimps r nice lol I bought me a polyp drag at petco and the guy didn't c the little guy while bagging it I guess lol I got it home ha Hope he makes sexy shrimps with the skunk shrimps ....( that even possible lol )

Those sexy shrimps r nice lol I bought me a polyp drag at petco and the guy didn't c the little guy while bagging it I guess lol I got it home ha Hope he makes sexy shrimps with the skunk shrimps ....( that even possible lol )

Yea they are pretty funny to watch... I just noticed that I have a few extra red legged hermit crabs then I use to have... No clue where they came from...

My hermit crabs killed my tile star fish and 2 snails... Should I take them out so nothing else gets killed?

The snails were prob due to need of larger shells. I'd be more inclined to say they ate a dead starfish. You want them to do that.

The star fish was still moving around when it had a piece missing... It died after I removed what I thought was the culprit... But when I woke up the next morning it had more missing then when I went to sleep... So I figured the crabs would clean it up and they barely touched it but my sleeper goby done a good job of burying it

The star fish was still moving around when it had a piece missing... It died after I removed what I thought was the culprit... But when I woke up the next morning it had more missing then when I went to sleep... So I figured the crabs would clean it up and they barely touched it but my sleeper goby done a good job of burying it

crabs "sense" when something is week or sick. Typically, losing an entire limb wouldn't even kill a star, so my guess is, it was not well and the crabs took advantage of that.

Back
Top Bottom