First showcase =)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i just bought an HOB fuge with skimmer from ebay and i figured hey what a perfect time to add some of the rock i had in a bucket collecting bacteria to it and take some pics.

it once was an Aqueon 26 gallon bowfront kit, but the only things left in use are the tank and the heater, the light fixutre was cut shorter to fit over the fuge as a grow light for the chaeto.

the fuge is 24" long x 4" with a water level of about 12", can't remember exactly but i did the math and its abotu 4 gallons. the skimmer as of right now is actually working and skimming out any un rinsed off resedue the sand i just added to the fuge but the pump is in a kind word CRAP. it clacked like an SOB and it wouldn't suck in air enless i added an air pump so i did that and will prob but a maxijet 1200 and do a mesh mod to it .

lighing is a 24watt x 4 hydrofarm with 2 KZ superblue (like ati blue plus) 1 kz fiji purple and a coral light II 14000 9 which i might replace for another superblue)

water circulation goes as far as 2 550 koralia evolutions and a 425 koralia nano.

live stock includes a bi color blenny, Benny. two percula clowns, Neela and Moe. an electric blue hermit crab (Mr. Crab). a peppermint shrimp (Pepper :p). a skunk cleaner (Stinkus). a serpent and a brittle star, unnamed. 4 nassarius snails and something like 7 tectus and trochus snails.

rock i have no idea how much there is lol it originally had 19 lbs of live rock that i bought from my LFS, then i bought 12 lbs of lace rock in april which i cured for something like 4 months lol then i added half and the rest with the fuge. the lace rock is much more then the actual live rock i bought and probably has a total weight of maybe 25-30 lbs now.

IMG-20120228-00128.jpg

IMG-20120228-00127.jpg

IMG-20120228-00129.jpg

IMG-20120228-00130.jpg

yeah its not bad :p i let it build up a bacteria colony, my lazyness paid off a bit, now its coral time :) i think i'm going to buy myself a hammer coral for my first

new hammer coral as of this 1 pm this afternoon, its oppened up nicely from the way it was yesterday after transport

IMG-20120311-00156.jpg

little critter i've had for a while, appears to be an acro crab but if someone thinks otherwise, feel free to comment

IMG-20120311-00154.jpg

and i replaced the fiji purple and 14000k with a new fiji and a superblue, looks more royal blueish, can't tell to much from pics but visually nicer

IMG-20120310-00151.jpg

IMG-20120310-00150.jpg

Nice color on the Hammer! Would love to know what the crab is too, found one 2+ years ago that looks exactly the same, in my set-up.

so i think my hammer coral is pretty much done, my jack *** hermit crab was probably picking off the polyps, within 4 hours it now looks like this

IMG-20120316-00159.jpg

i banished the jerkoff to the fuge so if he dies hes nasaarius and copepod food and serves hime right, stupid &5 crab eating a $45 coral

Last edited:
they must have been because its normal today, its a pretty big retaction and i've never seen it go like that.

my fuge light spills some light into the main display so i have a good view of things at night and i'm constantly keeping an eye on things

I have a banished hermit in my sump. I have no real clue how he is still alive tbh...there isn't anything in there but him, crap that has settled on the bottom, and as of 2 days ago a nudibranch I caught eating my blue symphodium.

i got a new brain coral :)
IMG-20120322-00166.jpg
IMG-20120322-00167.jpg

can you tell i like LPS, i've been lookign for some SPS but i haven't been able to find any good ones from my LFS, i'm going to maybe check the one near my gfs on saturday to see if they have any

it is pretty cool, my girlfriend says its ugly :( thats depressing. its plumped up a little bit more since its been added

added a rose bubble tip today. i've been workign on a whole foods market near one of my favorite marine shop so on those days i sleep in and have to drive myself is bad :p not only do i waste more gas but i also spend upwards of $50 on livestock ;)

Attachments

• IMG-20120328-00171.jpg
    IMG-20120328-00171.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20120328-00170.jpg
    IMG-20120328-00170.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 93
yeaqh its a beautiful invert, only thing is it moved a few inches from the spot its at and behind so it can only be seen from the side of the tank :( hopefully it moves i tried to aim a powerhead more in its direction to get more water flow at it

It's probably still trying to get settled in and checking out its new surroundings. I'd give it a week or 2 before trying to move it yourself. Beautiful bta though.

Thats my electric blue herim behind it. That guy has gotten biiiiiiigggggg hes got a bit of green fuzzies on him that my blenny eats at times

Back
Top Bottom