Fishfreeks 75 Gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
This system was first setup in Jan 2004. I go the tank, stand and canopy used for a mear $125. The setup included about 1/2 of the live rock thats currently in the tank and a ton of soft leathers. I have since given about 3/4th of them away and still have to many. I also merged my 45 gal and 20 gal reef setups into this tank.

The setup includes...

75Gal AGA aquarium circa 1989
4 X 110W VHO blubs. 2X 10K and 2X ultra actinic
Wet/dry filter
5 Gal autotop off
Mag 7 return pump connected to a SCWD
Two Hagen 802 powerheads for additional water movement connected to a 10minute timmer. Each powerhead runs for 10minutes before switching over to the other.
Hang on overflow
150lbs (approx) of southdown sand
150lbs of live rock (estimated)

Livestock includes...
Yellow tang
Maroon clown
Flame angel
Fire shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Bubble tip anenome
Trumpet Coral
Blasto
Yellow Polyps
Xenia
Various leathers
Various mushrooms
Assorted zoos

Photos....

Day 1
75gal_front_flash.sized.jpg

Jan 12th
Front_newbulbs.jpg

June 19th
75Gal_Full_June04.sized.jpg

Yellow Tang
YellowTang_001.sized.jpg

Flame Angel
FlameAngel_002.sized.jpg

Maroon Clown
MaroonClown_001.sized.jpg

Additonal photos can be found here.

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=75Gal

Thanks. Now I just need to find a source for all that xenia. That patch in the middle is about 4 months worth of growth.

Looks beautiful! The jan 12 pic... did you have both a maroon and a perc/oscellaris in there at the same time? curious about how that relationship went.

Yes I had two percs and a maroon. The maroon to my supprise could care less about the two percs. That may have been because the tank had the rock in such a manor that they could both have their own defined space.

Eventually both percs found their way out of the tank to an untimly demise. One took a ride on the overflow express and another found the floor to be very cold and dry.

You requested it so here is an update.

First I want to say this tank does not photo well because its VERY scratched up. As far as I know this tank has had 3 other owners before me and is easily 10-15 years old. Sometimes its hard to get the camera to not focus on the glass because of the scratches.

WARNING! If you click on this thumbnail the resulting image is big. 1600x762. :)

March 2005 update of 75 gal reef

Jchillin said:
One question...how did you manage to get your earlier photos to overlap the thread? It's unique to say the least!!!

I dont understand what your asking or saying? overlap?

Must have been a glitch on my side. The pics of your flame angel, tang and clown appeared to be imposed over the posts entered beneath it. It doesn't appear that way today. It was very cool as you could actually see the posts underneath the pics.

Back
Top Bottom