Fluval Edge Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm laughing because I don't know the acronyms.

That's not my point. The aquarium store staff told me a clown is THE fish for starting a saltwater tank (and they sold me the setup).

Sadly I have heard this and I also read up on starting my SW tank with a damsel as well. That was definitely a bad move on my part.

Fishless cycling is the only way to go IMO, shortest, and most humane

No one is trying to burst your bubble just tell you the facts. fish stores are usually more interested in making a sale than whats truly right. It really stinks but thats the truth. :-D

Thanks for saying that because you all are pretty close. I came here to learn and truly care for these lives AND have fun. This is not fun right now.

Well, IMO your having fun but not taking care of the fish. Were not just sucking this stuff out of our thumbs. The clown might survive. Maybe even probably. But he WILL have stunted growth, he WILL have gill scarring, and He WILL have poor quality of life. Were not ragging on you, were telling you the right thing to do. There are LOTS of cool fish you can put in a six gallon. Try the fire head goby or something similar. Oh yeah, and don't forget to finish the cycle first.

Henry405 said:
This could be faith telling you to upgrade to a larger tank later on ;)

I think you're on to something there! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom