Full tank shot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that the infamous purple brain I see in the front, trying to get out through the glass?! If it really wants out, I know a couple people out here on the West Coast that would be more than glad to rehome it! Actually... I guess just one now (MsBeanCtr), because it looks too big for my tank!

Very nice tank, Mike. Time flies, doesn't it.

nice full tank shot. Your mushrooms and zoas look like they are doing great. Since going to LEDs I have been having issues keeping zoas and mushrooms but my SPS have been growing well.

Yes, I have VHO lighting which is a more moderate lighting. Mushrooms seem to do better with them IMO.

I would have to agree. I had VHO T5s on the tank before and things seemed fine. SPS grew, but slowly, and my LPS, mushrooms, and zoas seemed to be doing quite well. Now, with LEDs I find my SPS doing quite well but normal mushrooms and zoas are not. Ricordia and florida mushrooms are doing fine, but not the others. I've put the zoas to the bottom of the tank but they still squish flat against the rocks when open.

This tank looks amazing! You saltwater people have all the fun ;)

Patience is the key. That tank between the 7 yrs in the 55 and the 6yrs in the 125 is 13 yrs old. Looked kind of empty in the beginning but has filled in since. Frequent PWC`s, RO/DI water, I dont target feed my corals (They get all they need from the lighting and water column) and as I said patience.
Very nice tank If my calculations are correct Ive only got 12 yrs 8 mths and 660 more pwc's and im caught up with you LOL

Very nice tank If my calculations are correct Ive only got 12 yrs 8 mths and 660 more pwc's and im caught up with you LOL

That`s one way of looking at it. LOL. Thanks everyone and Roy I saw those planted discus tank pics and you look like you are having some fun also. LOL. Nice looking tank.

melosu58 said:
Roy I saw those planted discus tank pics and you look like you are having some fun also. LOL. Nice looking tank.

Lol Thank you. I'm going to try SW soon. I'm researching now about reef tanks. I hope I can manage to keep one. If I can make mine look even just half amazing as yours, I'd be happy.

Very nice mike... I like the look of how everything seems to be overgrowing the sand,.....beautiful

Back
Top Bottom