Gallery pics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ace1uno_00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added some pictures of my first SW tank in my gallery.
The tank is about 2 months old.
Take a look, what do you think?

How large is the tank? How many lbs of lr do you have in it? In my opinion, it looks like you need more lr. It is very sparce, which is common when starting a tank.

I see the trigger that hitched a ride on your LR. Have you looked for someone to give him a new home?

The tank is a 12 gallon eclipse. 10 lbs of live sand. about 20 lbs. live rock.
I'm going to get more LR today.
The trigger is going to a LFS where i am going to get the LR from. They are going to give me 12$ store credit for it. He is getting more and more aggressive as the weeks pass.

Have you done any lighting mods to thee eclipse hood? I started with an eclipse 6 and it worked great for a fowlr with some inverts. I hade 8 lbs. of LR and 10 lbs of sand. The hood kept evaporation to a minimum (I never had to topoff the water). Did you buy the marine kit or is it just a standard 12.

Its the marine kit. I haven't done anymods to the lights yet. this is my first try at saltwater. I have a 90 Gal. with 40gal sump in the works. when my 90 Gal is running im going to use my 12 as a qt tank.

What kind of mods can i do to the lighting?!?

Good call on taking the choc chip star back if you want a reef tank. They are very reef unfriendly

Yeah thats what i've read, melosu58. That thing ate like a beast too.
So. I'm in the middle of setting up my 90 gallon tank. I bought a 40 gallon breeder style tank from petco today. I'm going to make my sump out of that.
Now that i have a way better camera phone i'm going to document my progress with that in the DIY thread as soon as i start.

Back
Top Bottom