Great deal on coral frags from Ebay!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I got the stuff in and it is floating as we speak. The packaging was awesome! Nice tight box, mini styrofoam cooler, heat pack, paper packed, and every frag was triple bagged.

I will post some pics shortly.

Few questions:

Should I use the glue underwater or out?

One of the montipora frags had 2 broken peices. What can I do to make them grow, and how should I secure them, and what do I secure them too?

Thanks. :wink:

One of the montipora frags had 2 broken peices

Just glue them down like any other frag to a piece of LR rubble. Worked for me! I've had a bugger of a time keeping SPS frags whole because of the whole snail pushing them off a ledge issue. Drat. I used the glue outside of the water with no apparent ill effects, but it was my first time and I had *no* idea what I was doing!

Can't wait for the pictures!

revhtree said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

LOL!!! I guess better to be addicted to the reef thanthe reefer!! :p

can u imagine the reefer addict next to the reef???

"oh wow, dude, like it's so purple and oh my god the crabs are trying to get me again!!!"

I was starting to wonder where these pics were! *drums fingers*

I am wanting some Xenia frags myself. But I probibly gotta wait till I get my lighting upgrade huh? Right now I have a standard hood light....sigh....so much money...

FWIW, my pulsing Xenia is growing like mad under 2.1wpg of PC lighting placed about 6" from the surface of the water. Lights are on top of my glass.

If I got like a 10,000 k flourescent bulb for my standard hood light would that work for moderate light corals like Xenias and mushrooms?

edit: accually I don't think it will cause i think its just a 20 watt hood.

Back
Top Bottom