Here goes it guys! first biocube is kicked off!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do it :)! Clowns are the best! Just be careful stocking your tank. For the size biocube you have the clowns will pretty much be all that you can fit comfortable and healthy in there. Maybe a 3rd smaller fish.

Clowns are a must! What would your first salt tank be without clowns right? I was thinking of two gobies

If you do ever use pure amonia make sure it just pure amonia and not scented or anything.

I go to 4ppm on ammonia, I have had very quick cycles, maybe just the little bit of live rock I used to start my very first tanks maybe the technique, not sure. lol I usually just move rock around now when I set up a new tank since I have so much so I havent cycled in well over a year.

Clowns are a must! What would your first salt tank be without clowns right? I was thinking of two gobies

Gobies would be you best bet. Small and easy tempered. A fire fish would also be a good one. Very peaceful and cool looking fish!

How much ammonia.

System volume in US Gal (incl sumo, but take a bit out for rocks)

Multiply by 3.8 gal/L and 1000mL/L, div by 1,000,000 ppm to get mL ammonia.
Mult by 4 to get 4ppm.

Check ammonia concentration (normally around 10% as 100% amm is a gas at room temp) and divide by that fraction.

So for a sumpless 29 gal BC;

25 gal (subtracted a bit of rocks) * 3.8 * 1000 / 1000000 * 4 = 0.38ml

a 10% sol = 3.8 ml
a 8% sol = 4.75ml

A typical capful is about 5ml

Back
Top Bottom