Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

the the MH and the moon led's are on the same powercord That makes no sense what so ever... looking at the case.. what would it take for you to split out the wiring for the LEDs?

Old 10-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #12

That is weird. So the MH is on while the moonlights are on? So you'll never have a moonlit tank at night?

that is kidna lame. Sorry about that. But good price anyways.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
So the MH is on while the moonlights are on? So you'll never have a moonlit tank at night?
You can have if the MH ballast is not on a timer. The MH and moons are controled via seperate switches on the ballast but it only has one power cord. If there is power tothe ballast you can just off the MH and leave the moons on.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I read a thread on RC where the guy mentioned re-wiring the lights for this very reason. Not sure what was involved though.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can you post some pics of it once it is mounted on the aquarium?
flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #16

Lando, how much did you score on this setup again? I have a 29G standard FW tank that I want to convert into a reef tank. Can you give me pointers? I don't think your light setup isn't bad at all. You just have to turn on the moonlight yourself at night, set the timer, but keep the MH switch off. It's more like an inconvenience rather than sucky. But looks good!!

Help me out, lando!
Old 10-08-2005, 03:03 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Lando, how much did you score on this setup again?
$329 plus $50 shipping.
Quote:
I have a 29G standard FW tank that I want to convert into a reef tank. Can you give me pointers?
It depends on what you would like to keep in the tank.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #18

Well, with the exception of xenias, what type of Soft corals can you suggest? Which of the two types of inverts are less harder to take care of? (Saw your gallery by the way. Amazing variation).

For beginner reefers, what species would be great?

BTW, the price isn't that bad. Do you have an existing light stand or did you have to buy that separately?

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com