Introducing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
PeTie. He's in QT for the next ?! four weeks if I can make it that long, lol. I have yet to survive a full four weeks with a fish in QT. I know someday that will bite me in the butt so we'll try real hard with PeTie (especially given the family)!

I went out over the weekend and found him in a LFS.

Attachments

• p2281972.jpg
    p2281972.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 125
The fish has me nervous out of my mind! Every spec of dust that gets kicked up onto him scares the bejiggers out of me! Something about having a known Ick magnet in QT! LOL! The LFS that I got him from had him in a reef tank because "they do better in the reef tanks than they do in the FO tanks". Why would that be?! They were in acrylic boxes at the top of the tank, so it wasn't like he was able to pick at the rocks. Chemistry? SG?

He's nipping at the nori I have clipped in for him and ate a little cyclopeze with guarlic guard last night. If I live long enough to see this fish in my main it will be a miracle!

LOL I don't understand the "reef theory", but sounds like you need to take a few deep breaths and calm down. Sounds like he's doing great. You on the other hand, I'm a bit worried about. :lol: :D

You on the other hand, I'm a bit worried about.

LMAO, you and my husband both. I was down at the tanks at 4am peeking at the Sun coral and checking to see if PeTie was sleeping! [inhale.... exhale... nice and slow] LOL.

I didn't mind so much that she was downstairs looking at the fish at 4am. My real issue was with her coming back to bed and talking my ears off about what was happening! :lol:

beautiful fish!!! best of luck with him!

the reef theory im not sure i agree with. ive seen these tangs do absolutely fine for long periods of time in FO tanks. i would go with a reef tank being more maintained and stable, as a general statement.

interesting tho!

I think they specifically meant that they did better in *their* Reef tanks than *their* FOs. That's why I was thinking either something in the water chemistry or the SG of their tanks? The phyto they feed? Strange none the less.

Thanks for the compliments. It will be so much easier to take pictures when he's in the main. Look for them in a month or so!

Back
Top Bottom