Jester's 90 gallon upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How big of an upgrade is the light?

Well the sump isn't dull and drab anymore and the Chaeto definitely likes it. For $35 to provide more than adequate LED light for it is completely reasonable. There are cheaper alternatives but they require bulb replacements and won't produce the look.

Anyways, my Juvie Melanurus Wrasse is starting to transition from juvie to adult:

Species Spotlight on the Fighting Conch Snails and why they are so useful to tanks with a sandy bottom:

I get the trade off. I miss the personality of my Goby a bit, but I don't miss the sand storms or the unexplained random deaths.

Anyways, Cheato Growth update with the CF Grow Bulb:

Thanks. Here is a review of the Caribsea Life Rock and weighing Pros and Cons with Dry Rock and Live Rock:

Growth update and color transformation as my Melanurus transitions from Juvie to adult. I have other vids of it on my channel for comparison:

Saltwater is only as difficult, challenging or as expensive as one makes it. You can do a small tank (ie 20-30 gallons) with a pair of clowns for a few hundred and not that much more work than a Freshwater tank.

Anyways, had lots of newbies as of late asking me about sump setups so I did a basic explanation and demo using my setup:

If I had diy’d the upgraded system, it was going to have a plastic horse trough as a sump. Long as t holds water and is food grade safe...

That would be an interesting build. Mine was part of a used setup I bought from my LFS so I got it for pretty cheap.

Anyways, Coral Growth Update:

I used the long handled fishing net for flipping snails, yet another use of it.

Anyways my Melanurus Wrasse continues it's transition, it's losing it's dorsal fin spot:

Noticed that last night that my pod population is growing along with my Chaeto:

Back
Top Bottom