Jgraz's 90gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few changes today. New pump: Rio HyperFlow32
img_2281493_0_deebb995a246d2d32266711341aea305.jpg
Manifold installed. Had to go with my first design due to space constraints.
img_2281493_1_bdbc489aa8c7d1c083814dc4e53b3627.jpg
Split my BRS dual. With the upcoming start of bio pellets I'm hoping to not need GFO so I'll only need one.
img_2281493_2_f7f1587140285d600432be2bcaae50d2.jpg
Coming soon are the pellets and a cabinet for the electrical and ATO next to stand

Bio pellet reactor in it temporary spot. When I add to the volume I might have a different are that I will put it.
img_2282910_0_defe6fbdd5e27fadadfcba42665dd62c.jpg
img_2282910_1_260510a121a5e4c912b34dd542209ccd.jpg
Question those pellets that are above the other seem to be stuck to the tube will they be fine. I've shaken thing as much as I can a some of them just won't come down.

Week 2: just added my next batch last yesterday. I started with 1/4, now I'm up to 1/2. It's still early I think to be seeing any results yet. Only thing I have noticed is that the skimmer is a bit harder to dial in ATM. Seems to be skimming a tad bit wetter. I'm still getting the usual film on glass also. I did not add any bacteria to start it off. I 2 weeks I'll add the next 1/4

Bio-pellets week 4: So last week i noticed that I would have to clean a heavy film off the glass almost daily. Everything looked good otherwise so I just kind of filed it away in my brain for later thought. The last time I cleaned the glass was on Thursday and as of this morning its still pretty clean. So I figured that the pellets finally kicked in since i also noticed that my skimmer production while the same seems to be much darker and smellier. Oh, and cheato has also been dying off, so I finally tossed that out. With that said I went ahead and added my 3 batch of pellets. This brings me up to about 3/4 of a full batch. After I brought the reactor back online I decided it was time to feed. I noticed that one of my bangaii's is missing. Then I realize that I haven't seen it in quite some time. Then I remembered the extra film on the glass. I guess he must have died last week sometime and the hermits just did their job. Anyway no other changes ATM.

Well it's been a while since I updated. Nothing special to report. Pellets seem to be going well. I changed my mp20's to 40's, and I'm on the hunt for at least one more fish. Most likely a wrasse, though I'm not not exactly sure which one yet. Well that's about it. I took a ton of pics today as well I'll get to most of them later but here is a few top downs for now. Some are the pretty much the same pic with white balance adjusted. Thanks for looking.
img_2378862_0_de1cd572be69582a5ee05c9642d06a91.jpg
img_2378862_1_1807292f578ca9d34fd0bb80efd7df0f.jpg
img_2378862_2_d1b426a54d4f3719c04aa793d919b879.jpg
img_2378862_3_1354290e33560be3946f910df43153f0.jpg
img_2378862_4_db6b9664337f4fbc5c893e0d67f73913.jpg
img_2378862_5_bb7798d3b24f3a5f1c6c8a4791fff570.jpg

Soo.... This might be the nicest reef I have ever seen.

Can you post pic of whole tank?

Soo.... This might be the nicest reef I have ever seen.

Can you post pic of whole tank?

Thanks for the compliment. I love my tank but I'm not so sure it hold up to some of the nicer ones. Here's an updated FTS

img_2389829_0_ba0b66603c7efa4dbfdd98fd87ee5c76.jpg

And a 50/50 FTS shot with the sunlight which I loved
img_2389829_1_31b2139e9cc8f6a938de162db0edc3c9.jpg

What are you talking about!? I have never seen so much color! That is awesome I wish I could see it IRL.

You even have the whole cast of finding nemo.

Thank you both.

Coming soon a huge increase in the amount of coral. I dont even know where I will fit it all in.

Well Its been a bit since I updated this so here I go.

In another case of bad luck It seems I came across AEFW's somewhere along the way. I noticed some of my corals looking unhappy about 3 weeks ago and had a friend come by and comfirm my findings and it did indeed look like bite marks on a few of my acros. The worst looking of the bunch was a purple bonsai that has just never looked right. So I dipped it and sure enough there they were. So began the process of dipping, not an easy task as most of my stuff is well encrusted at this point. I do believe that I caught the problem early on however, since I have seen very few of them after dipping. The only eggs I have come across were on a small milli frag and those were scraped off and glued over. The latest dip this past weekend only produced 2 very small worms and inspection of each and every piece with a magnifying glass turned up no eggs. Also this past weekend I went with a round of prazi since there is some debate about whether it can be an in-tank treatment for AEFW's, I figured what the heck.

Round one of dips was with Coral RX and went at the corals with a turkey baster. This dislodged the worms but i noticed that they did not die even after they remained in the dip water for over 30 min. Round 2 was with Bayer and turkey baster, same results worms dislodged but they did not die right away, but after about 20 min they did. Thats when I realized I only used the dip at 1/2 strength by mistake. Round 3 will be this weekend with full strength bayer. As of today almost all of the bite marks that I seen are already healing over and I have noticed no new marks as of yet. I also began using Zeo Flatworm Stop on the day I found the worms. I know it dosent kill them but I must admit I have seen many of my colors becoming more intense since starting it. So I will continue with it.

Other news, Right around the same time I found the AEFW's I noticed that my Hawkins colony looking a bit shabby as well. No bites, just blah. I also noticed a little STN so I cut off the dead parts and replaced it. No dip. The STN continued and pretty much turned to RTN yesterday. This morning I pulled out the colony and fragged anything that looked alive, dipped and put it back. I don't expect the dipped frags to make it though. When i did dip there was no AEFW's on the colony though.

On to the good news. The coral group buy I took part in arrived and it looks like we had a nice pull. As for now everything is still in QT and doing well. I also just found out the my dosing canisters came in today so I will finally be able to get my 2-part automated. Thats about it for now.

Back
Top Bottom