Just got back home w/ Pics! And my Tip of the day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I just got back today and even though I'm very busy I had to snap some pics of the aquarium asap! They aren't the greatest quality but you can see my 2 new additions. Everything is alive and well. The cleaner shrimp unfortunately hides in the back corner near the filter intake and doesn't seem to move from there.

Tip of the day!! :: I added about 70 shells to my tank for the crabs to move around. I got them for $1. I went to the local dollar store and they sold unbleached shells in huge packs for just $1. The crabs have already moved into some of these shells (as you can see below) and everything is fine! :)

The rabbitfish is my favourite but he's extremely scared of me and runs away when I come into the room. The pictures don't do him justice so I will try to get some more in the future.

The mushroom leather was pink in the store... now it's blue/green. Hopefully it's ok. A few snails fell/were eaten by crabs.

PICS!

2hxpsh0.jpg

2ymal2q.jpg

4fxes9i.jpg

4dd6fz9.jpg

29c7txk.jpg

2zs614y.jpg

2hf53ec.jpg

2vs2jkl.jpg

2cgdk78.jpg

Here are some better pics of my new rabbitfish. He doesn't seem to nip at the corals I have for now at all so that's great!

Also, I'm not so sure that my new mushroom is doing well. Can anyone tell?

2r3uxxl.jpg

4boav6b.jpg

2dh7alt.jpg

That`s not a mushroom that is a toadstool leather coral. Every few weeks they will do what we call sloughing and look all messed up looking but they will go back to looking OK. They need lots of current so make sure he`s not in a dead spot. Nice looking fish.

Ah, thanks!

I knew the little green things I have are mushrooms, and I knew mine was called a mushroom leather (though mainly toadstool).

I saw tons of pics of toadstool leathers but mine looked nothing like them so I assumed mushroom leather was something different.

I've moved it onto a liverock about 12" from the top of my tank with some flow in the area. Hopefully it will improve.

Unfortunately my filter broke AGAIN (I'm quite frustrated) so I only have the 2 powerheads going right now. I'm still trying to decide where to place them to get optimal flow and still have some going to this mushroom. I'll probably get another powerhead and make it 2400gph total flow from ph.

I would not worry about the filter. LR and a skimmer with PH`s for flow is all you need. Here is my toadstool.

Attachments

• 100_0323_134.jpg
    100_0323_134.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 31
Hara's picture here is very different looking.

harastoadstoolleathercopy.jpg

are these the same species?

I just made another discovery in my tank!! I was looking with just the moonlights on and I saw this long thin clear thing, about 2" long pop out of my live rock and wave around then it went back in and out again. I think it's some kind of worm but no idea which. there were 2 of them.

My spinefoot also never sleeps! he just swims around like crazy

This is really exciting!! I can't wait to see more and more stuff :)

Yes they are the same. That pic is one that I took after it was in the tank a few days. Hers is a better pic of what they look like.

Here`s what mine looks like today

Attachments

• 100_0464_208.jpg
    100_0464_208.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0463_226.jpg
    100_0463_226.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 36
Here are some new additions. Does anyone know what the tough purplish hair is on that leather coral? What type of leather coral are the two new ones?

I know I shouldn't technically have an anemone, but my light should be here Friday (tomorrow!) and the Anemone is under far more light now than it was at the LFS. I also hope that the tomato clown will host it and help it survive better. My roommates really wanted it. Added a few shrimp as well!

49j5387.jpg

48yaa6o.jpg

2h685fp.jpg

2daaziq.jpg

2q8oz1d.jpg

4c22jk7.jpg

2vwvh8p.jpg

2zzsqrd.jpg

4bji6np.jpg

2we0406.jpg

2h3vrjo.jpg

4csyd7b.jpg

2ezrd03.jpg

42lbm0w.jpg

GuOD said:
and the Anemone is under far more light now than it was at the LFS.

The LFS actually do do use the proper lighting because it`s not long going to be there that long. You have to worry about the long term and what`s best for the long haul. You can not compare your tank with the LFS.

melosu58 said:
GuOD said:
and the Anemone is under far more light now than it was at the LFS.

The LFS actually do do use the proper lighting because it`s not long going to be there that long. You have to worry about the long term and what`s best for the long haul. You can not compare your tank with the LFS.

Thanks, I do realise that. It's just that my roommates really wanted me to get it, and I was planning to once my light arrived. So, I figured it would do better over a short time in my current light than in the LFS light, that is all.

I'm going to feed it every other day and make sure it's happy. My water tests are all great and have been staying that way. My protein skimmer has stopped skimming stuff and i believe it's because there's nothing to be skimmed. I've been feeding very sparingly, and mostly algae pieces.

Back
Top Bottom