Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Live Rock.com order with pics! Base, keys and gulf

Finally got the much awaited for shipment! These guys are awesome, Mike was wonderful, Liverocks.com has the best customer service, and I am so escatically happy with the order I got. Right from the start, the order was well packaged, styrofoam box inside carboard box and lots of water and paper towels with extra paper towels over the corals on the rocks, plenty of hitch hikers, looked all benign. Green crabs, no black pointy pincers, no red crabs, lots of cute blue footed snails, a couple small pistol shrimp survived, about four didn't, 4 brittle stars that I saw, some limpets, and what looks like a small abalone. I had to rinse the towels wrapping the live rock off to get the stars out of them. The base rock alone had more life than any Fiji I've seen at the LFS, and the Keys is out of the world. I'm afraid I was shaking too much to take really great pictures, but here are some. I'll post the rest to my gallery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keys1.gif
Views:	187
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1056   Click image for larger version

Name:	endview.gif
Views:	163
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1057  

Old 02-23-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Dang, my pics didn't come through... how do I figure this thing out?

Old 02-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

They need to be under 100k to be posted in a post. 250 for your gallery.

Now hurry! I want to see them before I head to bed!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coral.gif
Views:	152
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1059  
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 01:05 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice color on the rock. What is the thing on top of the Gotta Be Keys3 rock? I love the reddish color of whatever that is (I have some of that too). The coral I also have (Cladocora caespitosa) and it looks kinda cool when it opens up. I have 3 or 4 colonies roaming my tank right now. Thanks for sharing yoru pictures.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is this a humungous aipstasia? I never saw one this big if it is, I've noticed a few of the small ones (I forsee a peppermint shrimp or three...) but what is this?
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 01:13 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I got a few of them, they are potentially pests, but not as bad as glass aptasia.
You can zap them if you want, but mine have never caused any problems, nor have they been of benefit.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:14 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well, there are several bright red sponges that are actively opening and closing, and a bright yellow one. I'm not sure which one you're lookin at... there were also tons of featherdusters,three of those bigger anemones, more stuff everytime I look.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:16 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I was looking at the anemone. Let things settle in, you will be amazed at what shows up.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:21 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Whhops, not you Quarry shark! I was talkin bout Phyl's question as to what was on the liverock. Heh. Well, I think those little purple anemones are kinda cute so I'll leave them if they don't take over.

Tags
base, live, live rock, pics, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com