Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are doing well with the pectins, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do an acro. The acro in my tank has proven more hardy than my hardiest of sps...which are now expensive live rock. It is all about finding what is appropriate for your tank. A medium sized stag colony might be a decent start to get your feet wet rather than trying out a frag...so many pieces are live rock for me. But the point is, acclimate right and some are hardier than you'd think.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you are doing well with the pectins, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do an acro. The acro in my tank has proven more hardy than my hardiest of sps...which are now expensive live rock. It is all about finding what is appropriate for your tank. A medium sized stag colony might be a decent start to get your feet wet rather than trying out a frag...so many pieces are live rock for me. But the point is, acclimate right and some are hardier than you'd think.

That sounds like a really good plan actually..
They had some stags, Millies, and tenious as well.. On my next trip I will definitely get one..
Just hoping it will survive at the least.

It almost seems as if the polyps shrink. They open and have color but the polyps have gotten significantly smaller. And growth is basically nonexistent.
Alk is at 8dkh at the moment it's been steady for a while.

is there anything near them that may irritate them
something I noticed with mine was if the light is too strong they shrivel up tight
than when just the blues are on they'll open
maybe try moving them to a more indirect spot

Are these the same z's that have been moved from tank to tank a couple times?

No, those polyps have been small since the start and still open perfectly.
It's the SaltCritters stuff I'm having problems with.

is there anything near them that may irritate them
something I noticed with mine was if the light is too strong they shrivel up tight
than when just the blues are on they'll open
maybe try moving them to a more indirect spot

The rock formation is solely Zoas. It's been nicknamed "Arch DI Zoanthids"
I'll look into the lighting because that could be why the SPS in similar heights are doing so well while the Zoas aren't.

Maybe Possibly look at opening a propagation system...

Online based mostly, but storefront/office space may be required so the wholesale licenses will be approved.
Working on a business plan now, getting super tired of the stuff around here. I fell that all the reefers in my area would appreciate something like I'm planning.

I wouldn't count on it ;) but if it does happen then discounts for you all.

Online based mostly, but storefront/office space may be required so the wholesale licenses will be approved.
Working on a business plan now, getting super tired of the stuff around here. I fell that all the reefers in my area would appreciate something like I'm planning.

Sweet! Sounds great!

I'm actually planning on starting one once I get funds.

Iv got my frag tank built I'm planning to start proper gating my corals soon already doing it small scale selling to the LFS and some fellow hobbiests

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Iv got my frag tank built I'm planning to start proper gating my corals soon already doing it small scale selling to the LFS and some fellow hobbiests

Hey Daryl! Long time no talk :)

That's awesome... I hope all goes well for you and of course, post some pictures.

Yes its been a while I been a bit inactive lately haha ill have pics up when I get the tank here. Got a recent FTS?

I don't actually, but the way the tanks going im not sure anyone would want to see it. I'll be making major changes soon. Different tank, hopefully because the 55g shape is absolutely terrible.

Haha that's all good man what size tank will you be getting next

Yeah I'm honestly not sure on size.. I'm planning on finishing my Business plan tonight so that will affect heavily.

If I do go through with this propagation/fish store business, which I plan to name "MarCoral Aquariums" I know, cheesy, but it works? Mar meaning sea in Spanish. I'm bad as heck with names.

The business will be not necessarily for profit but fun and some extras for me, maybe one day big enough for other things.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm setting up to frag my big colony's well at least one or 2 at a time so they can regenerate before cutting again

Back
Top Bottom