Macscale's 65g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well Hello there everyone,

That's right, it's time for the newest addition to my fleet of tanks.
A 65G Rimless Beauty, Complete with a 29g Sump and Dual Returns.
This systems total water volume beats my DT by 35g..

As of now the plan for the tank is a frag tank. It's dimensions being 48" x 18" x 16"..
I'm planning on an SPS frag tank, and maybe do some high-end Zoas and Chalices later down the road.
I'm not necessarily looking for profit from it, but good for trading and being ready for the big frag swap down here in February, the biggest of the biggest will be there.

Tomorrow is the day for cleaning and plumbing!

This tank is sure to be an interesting journey.

Nice, perfect pick up for a frag tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been very busy this week, re-staining the stand today/tomorrow, ordering the return pump and plumbing.

Time to make another "Will work for frags" sign.

Working on my stand today as well. Can't wait to see the turnout!

I'm here!!! Looking good! What's the lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh man, you too, I gotta get a rimless tank :p. They just look so much nicer. Can't wait to see you fill her up Mac :)

It's nice having the sump and all... I actually missed the look of T5's because the TAO panels don't get nearly as good blending...

Rimless tanks are so awesome..:

Ya the color of t5s is amazing, right up until it's time to replace all 8 bulbs :p. What combo you running?

Your tank looks awesome. Can't wait to see it filled with awesome little aquatic life. Have you decided specifically on which fish/corals you want?

Do you have any pictures of how you have it plumbed to the sump? Ive got a tank to plumb when I get home from vacation and am still unsure how I want to do it.

Hey Mac! Very nice tank +T5s, gotta love rimless. Can't wait to see where you take this build :)

Do you have any LR yet?

I've been curing LR for this tank for about a month and a half now.

As for the fish and corals... SPS only. All the Sps I can find.
The plan right now is actually a frag tank and all the LR will be stored in the sump/refugium.

Your tank looks awesome. Can't wait to see it filled with awesome little aquatic life. Have you decided specifically on which fish/corals you want?

Do you have any pictures of how you have it plumbed to the sump? Ive got a tank to plumb when I get home from vacation and am still unsure how I want to do it.

Boy was plumbing a journey.
I didn't really come up with the over all design. The tank already had some pieces and the bulkheads and such. My job was basically to match pipes and adapters and connect everything. And boy did I suck at it.

Awesome tank... What size return pump and brand are you using? I'm going to setup either a 75 or 90 in the next few months. Just want ideas on equipment.

Looking good Mac! How big is your sump?

Back
Top Bottom