My 100 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris_Nicol

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just thought I would start a thread in the showcase section. I still can't access my old account but no biggie.

Tank details

100 gal system
2 x AI hydra 52 HD
Fluval sp4 return pump
2 x 300w heaters
Bubble magus curve 5
H2 ocean fluidised reactor with rowaphos
TMC ATO
2 x hydor powerheads
1 x jaebo powerhead

I've had a few ups and downs but I think I'm getting there slowly but surely. Still having algae issues but it's not too bad if I keep on top of it.

Anyway I currently have a royal gramma, 2 cleaner shrimp, acan, toadstool and an orange monti. I picked up a pair of two stripe gobys and a gold rush bristletooth tang. They are currently in QT so hopefully all goes well and they will be in the DT in 4 weeks

Anyway here are a couple of pic. I will upload more tomorrow when I take more as my old ones are on my old phone

IMG_20180719_120520_759.jpgIMG-20180716-WA0000.jpegIMG_20180525_111754_47.jpg

Looks and sounds good man.
I don’t see the algae issues you’re talking about though.
As for your old account, send me a pm and I can take care of things for you.

Looks and sounds good man.
I don’t see the algae issues you’re talking about though.
As for your old account, send me a pm and I can take care of things for you.
Thanks

The algae issue is not too bad if I keep on top of it. My phosphate and nitrate readings are always low but maybe that's due to the algae consuming it and I'm not getting a true reading. I've increased the amount of rowaphos I'm using so will see how that goes. I scrub all my rocks b4 each waterchange but here are some pics b4 a waterchange. Forgot to mention I have an urchin as well.IMG_20180709_201904_35.jpgIMG_20180709_201849_08.jpgIMG_20180709_201836_02.jpg

What are the readings the tests are giving you? It looks like a filament algae, but surprising that the urchin isn't scraping it all away with ease.
I'm getting less than 3 for nitrates and about 0.03ppm phosphate. I thought the urchin would clean it up but it doesn't seem to like it. It's like a fuzz with bubbles coming from it. If the rowaphos worst work with 2 water changes per week then I am thinking about buying the ALR 1 to grow chaeto.

On another note I fed the fish in the QT tank and one of the gobys was guarding the food and snapped at the tang. A few minutes later the tang was scraping itself on the bottom of the tank. Do u think it might have been from the goby having a go at him or is that just wishful thinking and it's actually got ich? I haven't seen him doing it again but he was doing it every few seconds for about 10 minutes

Ok scrap that idea. The tang has ich. I think I might go the hypo salinity route as my copper test kit is quite hard to read. The tang was eating earlier so that's a good sign. It's a catch 22 with the QT as the fish get stressed when I change the water but if I don't change the water the ammonia will spike [emoji30]

Nothing new happening with the DT at the Mo. Just hoping the 3 fish survive the QT/hypo period. Here are pics of some inhabitants [emoji4]IMG_20180802_162502_39.jpgIMG_20180802_162530_20.jpg

A little tip I came across. I downloaded an app called AZ camera. When you use it you can turn up the white balance and it stops the pictures looking so blue

Finally getting round to making a cover since one of the gobys managed to jump out the tank this morning. Luckily enough I was in the room when it did and he's back in the tank safe. He managed to get out the one tiny hole that isn't covered on the tank ?

Back
Top Bottom