My 180 gallon journey begins! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I'm kind of worried the other way around, lol I had a big Sunset one time like I mentioned before and I had got a small trigger. It seemed the trigger totally would've killed the Wrasse, as soon as I put him in their with the Wrasse man it was war! I ended up taking him back because he kept biting the Wrasse I had :(

Steve

I think I may end up going for a Green Moray Eel. I went to my LFS today and had my water tested (I test my own water though I like to take it in just to compare results) and I have a hint of nitrite in the water. Hardly any at all though, and the LFS said it was most likely due to the sand getting disturbed and mixed up from being moved from one tank to another (as I did not wash it) it has since then gone down back to 0 so next weekend I'm going to go ahead and add something.

I'd like to get a Green Moray for my tank, I have just two concerns. First... I hear they get big? Would 180 gallons be sufficent enough for them? Secondly, how would it do with the Ray?

Steve

The LFS told me an eel would be a great tank mate for my Ray, he was talking about a Snowflake Eel though. I just saw the Green Moray online a couple of hours ago and fell in love with it! Haha. The only thing is I read they get big and I wondered if anyone new how big, and if the 180 gallon would be enough room for both the Eel and Ray.

Steve

I couldn't find much on the Green Moray, and nothing on keeping it in an aquarium. I know that the 180 has pleanty of room for the Snowflake though. :)

I may just try a Green Moray though, if it gets to big there are other options. I mean the tank is huge though, I don't see how it will out grow it ya know?

Eh I don't know, definitely gonna think on it though. They just seem so cool and uncommon, just about everyone I know has a snowflake Eel :p

Steve

How about a ribbon eel? If you can get it to eat, they're beautiful.
TryingtofeedRibboneelblue.jpg

Shouldn't bug a ray. They are however, difficult to keep and experience is a must.

I think I'm just gonna get a snowflake eel, the more and more I read about them people say they're the eel of choice for captivity. They stay pretty small in comparison to most eels, they're less aggressive than other eels and they seem pretty beautiful. (this is what I've read and been told anyway)

I'm putting a hold on the eel though altogether, I ended up putting in my 50 pounds of lr that I was curing. I finished up the curing process and it looks great with 50 more pounds of lr in the tank! I ended up going with a Green Bird Wrasse! I picked him up on Wednesday, beautiful fish! Very healthy, good eater, very personable just like the Ray I have and he's doing great! I'll post some pics of the tank and the new Green Bird Wrasse soon.

Steve

Alright guys here some brand new pics, and this time I used my $500 Sony Cybershot 12 megapixel digital camera instead of my cell camera phone. Definitely can tell the difference between past pics in quality.

Anyway here's the 50 pounds of new LR, you can tell it's new because there's no color or hardly any growth. It just finished curing. And a whole tank shot, plus the newly added Green Bird Wrasse which is such an awesome little fish! I love this tank so so much :) Btw I swear the Ray has already grown in this new tank lol.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC00722.jpg
    DSC00722.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00723.jpg
    DSC00723.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00724.jpg
    DSC00724.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00734.jpg
    DSC00734.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 114
This are definitely hi-quality picture, very focused and detailed, one day I'll upgrade to a nice DSLR.
Whoever it look like a tumbnail on my 24" widescreen monitors, 1920x1200 your pictures are 320x213.

Dang.. that ray is pretty big. But that tank is even bigger.. lol. Nice setup dude.

This are definitely hi-quality picture, very focused and detailed, one day I'll upgrade to a nice DSLR.
Whoever it look like a tumbnail on my 24" widescreen monitors, 1920x1200 your pictures are 320x213.

Yeah it is a nice camera the only thing is it's so complicated to work I just leave it on the fully automated display for easy shooting. I'm sure it's not set for the highest quality pictures, but if it's one thing I can't do is cameras lol.
And thanks Zer0!

Steve

I think the way the forum manage attached picture, I'm sure your camera make higher resolution picture by default this picture should be 2000pixel or more.
Try to upload you pictures somewhere and link them to this forum, I use ImageShack
Here is a picture uploaded to AQA
dscn0406q.jpg

and here is one uploaded to ImageShack
dscn0406q.jpg

I think most household this days have at least 17" or 19" monitor/LCD, most new digital camera make pictures much higher resolution than this monitors can display, and I just h..e to see such a small pictures on giant screens, like HD TV without HD program....

Other than that yes your tank look awesome...;)

I still would be concerned about the stingray injuring himself on the rock. Generally most tanks have 1 peice of decor in the middle and thats it, and that is even on wide tanks.

Back
Top Bottom