My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. My ammonia is down to .25-.50 ppm! Should I add more pure ammonia now to get it up to ~4ppm

Re aquascaped and added 20 more pounds of ls. I love the little cave on the left side! Hopefully when I get a yellow goby and pistol, they will call it home!

Attachments

• image-1411590691.jpg
    image-1411590691.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 173
Just ordered a maxi jet pro 400 to go with the 425 koralia nano. The maxi jet puts out 500gph. So 925gph all together. Also ordered a hydor 400 pico pump to mix saltwater and pump it into my tank.

Thanks man! It's so hard to get it the way you like it lol. It took a few tries. ;)

I'm sure you'll make more changes as time goes on. It's always fun to change your rock around.

Looking good.

I’m not very familiar with Sally Lightfoot crabs, but you might want to consider emerald crabs instead. They don’t get as big or aggressive, and they are great scavengers and algae eaters.

Starry and Lawnmower Blennies are fun fish to watch. I’m thinking of adding one in my 38 gal reef tank as well.

Good stuff. Can’t wait to see it all come together. :popcorn:

Okay... Dosed my ammonia up to 4ppm yesterday and today it's 0-.25 ppm!!!! Am I ready for fish?? Or should I dose one more time

No fish until your nitrite is 0. Then you’ll want to do a good water change to get the nitrate down, and then you’ll be ready for fish. Remember to add fish slowly, too. Not more than one or two to start, and a week or two per fish after that.

Nearly there. (y)

Right. Once you’ve cycled your tank you should never see any amount of ammonia or nitrite show up in a test. And you want to use water changes to keep nitrates down.

Does this nitrite reading look higher than the little chart to you?

Attachments

• image-159972805.jpg
    image-159972805.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 130
When nitrite was at it's highest, it was dark purple and not at all translucent. Recently however,API has changed the colors slightly on their test kits. Either way, it looks pretty high. Still needs to come down.

PS: Your message inbox is full =)

AusAaron said:
Thats awesome. Friendly little guy

A pic of my Watchman goby & an Arrow head crab & a Fire fish.

Check out my other pics.

Attachments

• image-81594724.jpg
    image-81594724.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image-1530248547.jpg
    image-1530248547.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image-1643301736.jpg
    image-1643301736.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 124
Back