My 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I'll look into it, but I don't know about ordering online and shipping prices are probably high. Anyways new tank and coral photos. The ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474772263.576075.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474772273.395643.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474772282.251317.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474772293.509040.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anyone got some tips on how to make a acan grow with out needing to feed it brine shrimp. I moved it back to the spot where it was originally growing because at it old spot the polyps close to the light were bleaching. I also have a feather duster who lives in the spot between heads on the skeleton where a new head could grow.

The tip is patience. It takes time to build the calcium based skeleton. The key is for the acan to be happy. If it was bleaching, most likely it will need to get back into healthy shape before any growth will occur.

Thanks I put it in its original spot like I said and color in the grass near the light are recovering. I keep thinking every coral will grow fast like my old gsp did.

some coral grows fast others not as fast , water conditions and lighting also help with growth. GSP is like a weed it grows in any condition ,

Thanks for the tips I'll share a picture of my acan when I get home. While I'm at it I'll add a picture of the frogspawn.

More coral pictures frogspawn has a weird glow to it from the camera though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475015687.667614.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475015701.692035.jpg

I always try to shut off the blues, while taking pictures that way you get the natural look ,
some use filters on the camera lens ,

no blues and no lens
img_3380385_0_ae507ac4b360a8688c72a01f36b4f6b7.jpg

this is after I cleaned it up with paccaso editing still with no blues or lens

img_3380385_1_e529d5b0391e5438acf10cf4b3f58902.jpg

if you look at my torches they also have that flair , just like your frog spawn flair it's how the light hit them.

Also I used my phone to take photos. I'm a photographer, so I may try some shots of the tank with my big camera.

I'm curious how long did it take for your guys tanks to go from frags/ small coral to the big pieces i see in your photos.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Strange thing is going on, since I have gone to ever other day feeding my male clown fish is always hiding in the rocks, I never see see him anymore. Should I go back to every day.

He has also been laying on the ground a lot any clue why? I'll post a picture below.

What are the current parameters? It is stressed out and not doing well. If not ammonia or nitrite, look at the nitrates. A big water change might be of assistance.

Every thing was fine no3 was a little high at 5.0ppm. Doing a water change now. How often do you guys do water changes, and how much. Right now I do a big one every 3 weeks.
Update he is doing much better now that I did a water change, colors are full and he is swimming around.

Weekly 10% water changes are best imo. Sometimes a larger one every couple of months if you feed a lot.
If the water change helped then it was def parameter related and I'd assume you simply didn't catch the ammonia or nitrite levels.

The levels for ammonia were 0, no2 was 0, but no3 was at 5ppm.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Never mind he is not getting better. I don't know what is wrong, everything else in the tank in fine and healthy. Could it be age? My clownfish are a little over 4 years old.

Update he is in bad shape, on the ground breathing heavily. Set up my old 10 gallon as a qt tank and added some anti bacterial medicine to the at tank. I have him in a bag for now as I don't have enough salt water to make the water salty enough to keep him alive.

Well you are going to need much more water for water changes. That'll get parameters in check, but you'll also need it to manage a qt tank.

I have never run a qt tank before. I just had the extra 10 gallon in storage in my basement. Also the store was closed so I could not get any more salt water. My clownfish is not looking good. I don't think he will make it through the night. He was always a problematic fish.

He did not make it, to be fair he should not have even lived 6 months but he made it 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom