My 29g BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The store by me just got a shipment on Sunday and has about 2 dozen true Percula Juveniles (Beautiful specimens) and a couple of nice firefish. I bought two firefish last week(Not me the boss) and they are quite interesting, they hang out together and when they hide you would have to rip the tank apart to find them. I still don't know where they go at night. I'm on the fence about the flame angel, I've read it should be the last fish to go in and is said to be semi aggressive and reef compatible with caution. Maybe a new thread is in order to get an idea from members who actually have the flame.
I'm on my way to get some more LR, I needed another 40lbs anyway and my lfs has some large interesting looking rock.

Very nice, you keep tempting me to head down to Brooklyn constantly!!! I did read that the flame angel should be the last fish to put in as well. Indeed, we should start a new thread to get some ideas. My little blue/green chromis sticks himself in the wierdest places too. When he hides (which is usually all the time) its almost impossible to find him. BTW, did I tell you I got a chocolate chip starfish? He is doing great and hes so interesting to look at!

I really need to find two mated perculas though and I want them to be as tiny as possible!

:eek2:

Very nice, you keep tempting me to head down to Brooklyn constantly!!! I did read that the flame angel should be the last fish to put in as well. Indeed, we should start a new thread to get some ideas. My little blue/green chromis sticks himself in the wierdest places too. When he hides (which is usually all the time) its almost impossible to find him. BTW, did I tell you I got a chocolate chip starfish? He is doing great and hes so interesting to look at!

I really need to find two mated perculas though and I want them to be as tiny as possible!

:eek2:
My guy has Perculas about 3/4 of an inch (not mated though). Before i got mine I started a thread and the majority had said to get 2 healthy Juveniles, sex doesn't matter they are born with both male and female hormones and that one will morf (For lack of a better word) into a female and will be the larger of the two. You have to get a shot of the chocolate chip, Don't worry I'll behave this time:rolleyes:.

My guy has Perculas about 3/4 of an inch (not mated though). Before i got mine I started a thread and the majority had said to get 2 healthy Juveniles, sex doesn't matter they are born with both male and female hormones and that one will morf (For lack of a better word) into a female and will be the larger of the two. You have to get a shot of the chocolate chip, Don't worry I'll behave this time:rolleyes:.

Lol, I will definitely take a shot of the chocolate chip tonight. Now you are really tempting me to go to this LFS. That would be perfect and the boss would love them. I have to find some free time.

Chocolate chip starfish are not reef safe. They tend to eat corals, clams, and oysters. So if you intend to add corals be aware of this and watch your starfish.

Chocolate chip starfish are not reef safe. They tend to eat corals, clams, and oysters. So if you intend to add corals be aware of this and watch your starfish.
Good to know, I plan on reef down the road and am stocking now with reef safe in mind. Thanks TC.

Thanks TC, Im only going to keep FOWLR in my BioCube, but down the road, I will eventually get a bigger tank and then start a reef in there. So thank you for the forewarning. :eek:

LOL, well thank you very much. The rock I got at my LFS. They are great people and a big help. They are small but have such high quality. I will only go to them for my livestock.

Here are more pictures!

1) First picture is of one of my snails
2) Second & Third is a mediocre picture of my Blue/Green Chromis (he was constantly moving!!!)
3) Another picture of one of my shrimp

Sharkbait - your biocube looks great.

How do you like your Blue / Green Chromis? Seem to be a fairly active fish? Do you have just one or a small group ... I've read they like to school but I've also read they can be aggressive towards one another.

They can get aggressive and that's the reason to get odd #'s 1,3,5 etc...

Sharkbait - your biocube looks great.

How do you like your Blue / Green Chromis? Seem to be a fairly active fish? Do you have just one or a small group ... I've read they like to school but I've also read they can be aggressive towards one another.

My little guy is doing really well. He's a bit of a scaredy cat and likes to hide sometimes but he come out to get fed and all that. My LFS did tell me that they do get aggressive toward eachother sometimes and like TC said, its best to get them in odd numbers. It seems like they will school but yeah, make sure you get an odd number. My guy is cool though because his color got even better in my tank and now hes this awesome blue/green.

My little guy is doing really well. He's a bit of a scaredy cat and likes to hide sometimes but he come out to get fed and all that. My LFS did tell me that they do get aggressive toward eachother sometimes and like TC said, its best to get them in odd numbers. It seems like they will school but yeah, make sure you get an odd number. My guy is cool though because his color got even better in my tank and now hes this awesome blue/green.
Do you have a pic? If I remember correctly someone was going to post a pic of a chocolate chip something or another as well.:rolleyes:

Do you have a pic? If I remember correctly someone was going to post a pic of a chocolate chip something or another as well.:rolleyes:

ROFL, yes you are right, no empty promises...I promise you Inferno that tonight I will take pictures of not only my Choc chip seastar but also my chromis. this time Ill try to get a better shot than the last time!

:pimp:

ROFL, yes you are right, no empty promises...I promise you Inferno that tonight I will take pictures of not only my Choc chip seastar but also my chromis. this time Ill try to get a better shot than the last time!

:pimp:
I'm really trying hard to be on my best behavior.:rolleyes: Do you know hard that is being German/Italian and a Gemini.;)

Thanks. I certainly want to get at least one Blue / Green Chromis in the near future. Ideally I would like to add 3 or 4 but I'm certain that would put my bio-load into a tailspin considering my tank size and how new it is.

Lol, I will definitely take a shot of the chocolate chip tonight. Now you are really tempting me to go to this LFS. That would be perfect and the boss would love them. I have to find some free time.

OKAY where are the PICS, patience isn't one of my virtues.;)

Updates, Updates, Updates.....AND new additions!!

Ok So here are some new pictures. My two new Ocellaris Clowns and my Chocolate Chip Seastar. These are all for you Keith.

Enjoy everyone and hope you like them (sorry the picture quality isnt the greatest but its difficult sometimes).

Oh and yes, I hope you all like the puppy Rufus who enjoys watching the fish :hat:

Attachments

• DSC_0194a.jpg
    DSC_0194a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0207a.jpg
    DSC_0207a.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0209a.jpg
    DSC_0209a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC04086a.jpg
    DSC04086a.jpg