My 29g FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otto99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. After lurking for a while, I have decided to show my first saltwater tank. It's a standard 29 gallon 30"L x 12"D x 18"H. It's been up and running for 6 months now. I don't have enough room under the stand for a sump, so for now I'm using the berlin filtration method. I have about 35-40 lbs of live rock with a 1.5" sand bed. I'm running a Reef Octopus BH-90 skimmer and 2 Hydor Koralia 425 nano's for flow (Maybe a little too much flow, but doesn't seem to affect the fish at all and keeps everything circulating in the tank-most importantly no dead spots). My heater is an Aqueon Pro 200W. For lighting, I built a wood frame out of 2x6's and painted them black to match the tank and stand, then placed a Marineland Single Bright LED unit atop that. Current stock list includes 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 1 Pajama Cardinal, 1 Pygmy Cherub Angelfish, a cleaner shrimp, and some assorted hermits and snails. I won't be adding anything else until the wife lets me buy a bigger tank (already got the itch)! Anyway, on to the pics:

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Tank 3.jpg
    Tank 3.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Tank 4.jpg
    Tank 4.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 151
Hi everyone. After lurking for a while, I have decided to show my first saltwater tank. It's a standard 29 gallon 30"L x 12"D x 18"H. It's been up and running for 6 months now. I don't have enough room under the stand for a sump, so for now I'm using the berlin filtration method. I have about 35-40 lbs of live rock with a 1.5" sand bed. I'm running a Reef Octopus BH-90 skimmer and 2 Hydor Koralia 425 nano's for flow (Maybe a little too much flow, but doesn't seem to affect the fish at all and keeps everything circulating in the tank-most importantly no dead spots). My heater is an Aqueon Pro 200W. For lighting, I built a wood frame out of 2x6's and painted them black to match the tank and stand, then placed a Marineland Single Bright LED unit atop that. Current stock list includes 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 1 Pajama Cardinal, 1 Pygmy Cherub Angelfish, a cleaner shrimp, and some assorted hermits and snails. I won't be adding anything else until the wife lets me buy a bigger tank (already got the itch)! Anyway, on to the pics:

It looks great!

Back
Top Bottom