My 35 gallon almost 2 months running.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far so good with reef crystals but ill remember the Kent. Before long you will be scraping coraline algae off your glass and wished you didn't have it.LOL. BTW this is a old thread of my old tank. My new thread is under 'new 39 gallon tank with sump'. My sump has been updated since then too. I got a bigger acrylic sump then my DIY 10 gallon now.

Yea I tried purple tech when I was six months in and never saw any difference so that was a waste of money

In my honest opinion I just did weekly water changes and started with one nicely covered rock with coralline on it,I also scrapped some of the coralline off the rock to seed the rest.im not sure what kind of salt you guys are using I been using coralife with great results.maybe try a different brand of salt that might do the trick.then again I only have a 34 cube with 5 gallon weekly water changes

It will eventually grow once introduced to the tank. From there it is always growing.

Well in my 55 long I have a good 10 pound rock in the middle full of coraline since I started the tank and about another 20 base rock and only on one of my base rock I've seen a lil bit of growth on it ill post some pics

ForumRunner_20130326_222052.jpg

And yea I know I need more rock

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130326_221730.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130326_221730.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 90
Yea. It will eventually spread as long as your calcium and other parameters are good.

Am I supposed to not scrub the glass for it to grow because I do tend to keep all my glass spotless

You can scrape it off the glass. It wont hurt. The pieces yoy scrape off the glass will spread around through the water

Back
Top Bottom