My 35 gallon almost 2 months running.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
All is well and can't wait to see how it will look after a year! Everyone in there seems to be very happy. McCoskers flasher wrasse, bicolor blenny, ocellaris clownfish, cleaner shrimp, crabs and snails.

ForumRunner_20120630_232705.jpg

ForumRunner_20120630_232838.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120630_232534.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120630_232534.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 395
Great looking rock scape. What made you decide to go with the blue background instead of a traditional black one?

Thanks. Dunno thought it would look good. Almost a little overwhelming huh.

Thanks. Now if I can just get rid of this red slime cyano I've been battling!!

It's quite easy to get rid off...I used this once and my tank... was cleared over the weekend!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120711_200512.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120711_200512.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 286
That stuff will work , but I would recommend not using it. It will set your tanks progress back a few months. I used it too and I wish I never did

Yea I've heard of these products like chemiclean and what not. I hear some can actually restart your cycle and I done want that. It's just one area about 5x5. Ill just try to ride it out. Scrub and vac as it appears with water changes. I've been cutting back on the light too.

Light is only a temporary fix so that's bad a advice , cutting its food source witch is nutrients is the 1 and only way to keep cyno and any other algae levels under control , phosphate reactor and weekly water changes should do , as well as watch the feeding , feed as much as u want as long as its not settling and u make sure the fish are eating

How much are you feeding? I think I remember you using ro/di water...but don't recall. Cutting down on feeding and using ro/di are the #1 solutions for cyano, though I don't see any in your pics.

Thanks everyone. Here's my tank now. Ill soon be switching it over to a different tank that I will drill for a sump. I just built it a stand.

ForumRunner_20121111_191411.jpg

ForumRunner_20121111_191547.jpg

ForumRunner_20121111_191711.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121111_190953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121111_190953.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 159
Wow 2 months and already got coraline algea growing I've been running my tank for a 1 and a half and still no coraline on glass

Try purple up. That's what I used. This is an old thread though. I moved all the contents of this tank into my 39 gallon with sump.

Try purple up. That's what I used. This is an old thread though. I moved all the contents of this tank into my 39 gallon with sump.

Purpleup and other products are just an increase in things we already have in our salt mix. Waste of good money when all you need is patience. I've tried several that promote the growth and saw no increase in coralline on my glass. If you want to promote the growth, buy a salt with higher alk and calcium levels rather than buying a salt for the same price and then more money on liquid additive that will only last a month. You will save time and money that way, though it is still not 100% that it'll take off.

Yea. I started using reef crystals on my new tank and calcium is perfect so I don't add purple up anymore.

Back
Top Bottom