My 55 Gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCUboy05

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It isnt nothing special, just started it up a few months ago.

Your layout looks a bit spacey, i'm sure once you get more time and get some more LR in there it will look great, it looks good though for just a few months, it's coming along well.

Good job, keep it up.

Yeah, I have about 20 or so lbs of rock. I dont tant too much rock, I want my lionfish to have a little room.

Um I hate to be the blunt of bad news but your lion fish might start picking on your clown fish or even kill it. They can become very aggressive. I would keep an eye on him. :)

ive had them for a little bit, they have been fine. If i dont keep the lion fed he beomes agressive. Im getting an anemone or two soon to help out with that situation.

Do you have a sump or a hob filter? If you have a sump you can add the LR in there. Looks good!!!!!

i have bout 40lbs of live rock now and ive had a canaster filter from the start. I dont have much of a bioload so it works pertty well.

I agree....I don't think that an anemone is probably going to do much for you right now. Lighting is a big factor like ccCapt says as well. I haven't researched The suitability of Lions and anemones though, so that's also something to look into also before just going and getting one. I don't think the anemone is going to stop a hungry lion fish from being aggressive.

I usually dont see any kind of agression from my lion fish towards any of my fish. The only time I have seen it, is when he wasn't fed. I usually feed him on MWF to keep him happy.

OK so i had a little run in with MR ICH and everything in my tank died off, so after a month and a half with out fish, I completely redid my tank. The most notable changes are sand substrate, pvc tunnels, and just rearrangement of some rock. I still have all my inverts ( sea stars, snails hermit crabs, shrimp). Ive added a snow flake eel, a small lionfish(about 3 to 4 inches), a yellow tang, 2 yellowtailed damsals and 2 yellow damsals and a pink and blue golby. Hopefully i can keep these guys healthy for a while.

img_981862_0_27b5a9a056e6b936b1539357dc9b6089.jpg

img_981862_1_7054b239bfe40d76364832f5aee8bb89.jpg

img_981862_2_b3b3289074d16faa7dec55fe72456bad.jpg

img_981862_3_539312f95d53fd271a3db0ad130fd034.jpg

img_981862_4_a2f5dabfdf0d3631414339d770816d41.jpg

img_981862_5_67fe5d0fbf93cce246c00a9368e22c87.jpg

Not trying to give you doubts but, The goby will probably be eaten by the eel. Your Lionfish will probably kill the damsels and other small fish, The tang may be ok.

the golby is way larger than the eels mouth, theres no way the eel will be able to catch the golby, and the lionfish is about 3 inches, not much smaller than the damsals. And both the eel and lionfish eat nothing but frozen food and shows absolutly no agression towards any of their tank mates. I keep both of them feed regulary in order to prevent that.

If I am correct you may have another ich breakout due to your tang beginning to get stressed from your tanking only being 55 gallons. This may not be the case due to the small size, however if your other semi-aggressive fish (eel and lionfish) start to stress him out it could be sooner. Others will hav to correct me on this.

its a good possibility it will start to stress out.. the lionfish will grow quickly.. and the damsals stay the same lol. you will lose 2-3 of the damsals before it is all said and done.

Back
Top Bottom