My first 125g saltwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brd.ginter

Aquarium Advice Regular
I started out with a 60g corner tank, which is still up an running, but I received this 125g tank for a bill. The tank is not drilled because I wasn't for sure if this was something I wanted to do. Lmk what ya guys think?

Attachments

• image-3990472444.jpg
    image-3990472444.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 571
  • image-3611470372.jpg
    image-3611470372.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image-2540636792.jpg
    image-2540636792.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 247
  • image-387081540.jpg
    image-387081540.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 245
  • image-3393632101.jpg
    image-3393632101.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 229
Do I see 6 tangs in there? If so, you may have trouble down the road.

Yeah 6 tangs total - good eye. 2 yellow tangs, 1 sailfin, 1 yellow eyed kole, 1 "baby" blue Atlantic tang and 1 blue hippo tang. That's it for tangs. I think I should be fine since they were all introduced to the tank fairly close together, and their all relatively small.

Brd.ginter said:
Yeah 6 tangs total - good eye. 2 yellow tangs, 1 sailfin, 1 yellow eyed kole, 1 "baby" blue Atlantic tang and 1 blue hippo tang. That's it for tangs. I think I should be fine since they were all introduced to the tank fairly close together, and their all relatively small.

I agree with ccapt, they will fight there is no doubt about it. They will grow, there will be less space, and there will be conflict. Might as well rehome some now before one gets injured or killed

The tangs smoke? Thats gonna cause water issues...

Hahaha That's jus decor, there is a bunch of broken pipes in there. And as far as the tangs go, I think ill be fine. None of them are aggressive at all. But if I have to, when the time comes i got a different tank for the weak one.

Of course none of them are agressive, they've all been using that bong. They're all like "dude, have you seen finding nemo" and the other tang is like "no way dude, i don't like they way they portraid dory as being forgetfull" and then the other tang is like "what dude?" and then the other tang is like "dude, I have on idea what we're talking about but I feel awesome"....

Of course none of them are agressive, they've all been using that bong. They're all like "dude, have you seen finding nemo" and the other tang is like "no way dude, i don't like they way they portraid dory as being forgetfull" and then the other tang is like "what dude?" and then the other tang is like "dude, I have on idea what we're talking about but I feel awesome"....

Hahaha awesome!! I just laughed out loud. Nice! :)

So freaking funny!!! LMAO!!! (For real) :D

So I added a hydor koralia 1050 in the center of my tank facing upwards for more water movement to try and get rid of some of this cayno and I woke up to one dead fish... Should I not run that power head during the night? Nothing is wrong with the water, or any other fish. so I assume that the fish got to stressed?

Ya stoned fish dont like excersise...;)

I'm concerned that the pump may be bad and electrical current may be leaching into the water. Flow shouldnt kill a fish. Maybe the fish was already sick? Hows everything else in the tank? Healthy and happy? Coral all open?

No coral in this tank. Should I have some of my power heads turn off during the night?

No coral in this tank. Should I have some of my power heads turn off during the night?

From everything I've read, PHs should be left on all the time. That's how the exchange of oxygen occurs, from the surface rippling. The ocean has stronger current than your tank

If I put a pump in my tank and the next day had a dead fish I'd remove the pump. I've read of stray voltage electricuting fish. This could be what happened.

How old was the fish, what kind of fish?

Maybe take the pump back and explain. I'm sure they'd trade you for a new one.

Well it was only one fish. And it's still running. So I don't think it has anything to do with electric or static shock. All the other fish are doing great. Ill just suck up the loss.

Back
Top Bottom