My First 26 Gallon Bow Front SW Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, no worries, if I'm irresponsible, I won't be here :), I'll be kicked out by now when I shared my confession ;) No offense taken, no worries... I actually already asked my favorite LFS is they want to take her in and they do, so once it's growing, it'll be out of my tank immediately....

Hey Jenny... Tank looks awesome.. Really coming along.. You inspire me to take some Video of mine.. But just because I'm inspired, doesn't mean I'll actually do it..he he

no coraline on the glass yet??? Or are you scraping it off?

Last edited:
Coralline algae? You mean the purple ones? nope, it's not appearing on the glass yet, is that weird??? I didn't scrape off the back glass tho, only cleaning up the front brown algae thingy...

Jenny.. was just curious because it started blooming all over the place on my tank recently and I know your tank is a few months older then mine. My glass is covered with little purple spots and I had to buy a scraper for the sides and front. It's also appearing on my powerheads and the overflow box.

It doesn't mean anything though. IU was just curious because your glass looked so much cleaner then mine in general ;)

:(, so the corraline doesn't grow on mine, oh I know why, well my lights aren't strong enuf either, I was planning to upgrade but haven't gotten the time yet, but yes, mine is only growing so slowly cause the lights are a little low on the wattage side, but I already got the new lights, just haven't gotten time to install it... *work and school full time sucks :p*

thank you Aquastud...I'm trying my best... Everything is growing, but in a slow pace due to the low wattage, the inhabitants are happy tho so it's good.

Finally, here are the pictures from my tank and including one not recent one but it's showing my polyps and my Blenny, I hope you guys like it

Inhabitants now:
1 Feather Duster
1 BTA
2 baby Nassarius snails
3 adult Nassarius snails
5 Astrea snails
4 Hermit Crabs
1 Scarlet Hermit crab
1 Cleaner Shrimp named Crazy
1 Scissortail Goby (always hiding lately) named Kudos
1 False Percula Clownfish named Clooney
1 Firefish named Epi
1 mini Blue Tang named mini Dory
1 Yellow Fin Blenny named Iris
1 Mithrax Crab named Goliath

Corals:
some Zoas (Green, Pink, Brownish/Orange, the other one dunno about color)
Green Star Polyps
Purple/Lavender hairy Mushrooms
Green Striped mushroom
Spotted Mushroom
Daisy Polyps
3 Candy Cane Heads
Kenyan Tree Coral frag

Town's Meeting :)
img_970429_0_98f229e8a8725ad7731fe686e8256541.jpg

Another Town meeting
img_970429_1_0a28381667028ecbe428fa1fd32a7e45.jpg

BTA and his homeowner plus the curious Goliath
img_970429_2_049f985addf08f023ebc1c7ccfc8018a.jpg

Goliath
img_970429_3_c03270fb373fa0751aa62d31883a8fc3.jpg

Iris, an Astrea snail and Daisy Polyps
img_970429_4_ab570043216a8c08e4ebbe9ec3e75e9b.jpg

Whole Tank
img_970429_5_f0fb7f6e259ec027be91b509edc89a72.jpg

those daisy polyps are the first i've ever seen very nice who ever that is

Thanks Ziggyy, it's blooming like crazyyy... thanks Melosu for the compliment

Hi Jenny,

I'm new to the forum, and have a tank the size of yours that currently is freshwater, but am going to saltwater. I noticed you have the Nova Extreme lighting. Is that any good? I wonder b/c that's what I am looking into to buy. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi Carberrar,

The Nova Extreme is good lighting, you need to get the 4x Nova Extreme ones if you intend to have corals. Initially I only have the 2x because I was supposed to go FOWLR, then the dark side of reefing was dragging me in, so now I have 4x ones. The lights are good because it's not getting HOT easily and very long lasting, the penetration to the water is strong also. I would totally recommend it cause it's T5-HO. If in case you want to go corals, this lights are still good, only if you want to go SPS then you need to change MH. I hope my replies don't confuse u. :)

Looks nice, the only thing I personally dont like( got the same tank just fresh for now) is the huge rock in the middle, makes the tank look small. all in all its a very nice tank.

Hi Whitedevil!!!

I'm angry that you don't like my tank!!!! LOL!!! Just kidding! Which rock? The one with the hole?

all of it, it looks too crowded for my liking but its a marine tank and a live rock tank so on that aspect it looks great. If it were mine id have a bigger tank for a live rock/coral tank. I think the salt tank I want to do will be atleast 40g breeder now, the 26g looks too small for a coral tank. Might just be the pics.

I like your tank, dont get me wrong on that.

Does your 26g have the center divider on the top?

Hi again,

If I can go bigger, I would, unfortunately, I'm still moving around, if I have a big tank, it would be troublesome for me. No punt intended, so don't worry. if you see the actual tank, you would be shocked, because unlike other tanks, mine still have lots of spaces on it, it's like putting all rocks together, and the back of the rock has some spaces for fishes to swim as well :), it's not all pushed to the back... and you're right, it has a center divider on the top.

looking good! I just starting my first tank too.(posted it here also) I figured if im going to do it do it big so i went for the reef set up also lol...what your favorite part about it? mine is the rocks... im addicted to LR because i Love watching the stuff crawl out if it that i didnt know was there, the fish are great too dont get me wrong but im a rock and "critter" guy

Thanks juice :) Sooners eh? :)
I luve the rocks as well, I kept buying rocks actually before I finally like this current setup. Now as I gradually adding corals, some corals come with the rocks, so fortunately I didn't overbuy the lbs of rocks. I have plenty of space. I luve my current fishes, but eventually I need to give up the blue tang as it's getting bigger, still searching for the next fish to replace, coz Blennies and Royal Grammas weren't getting along with my other fishes and inverts :(. Glad you are also dragged into the dark side of reefing hahahah

Back
Top Bottom