Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Members Saltwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My first saltwater tank

Well this is my first ever saltwater tank. It's a 45 gallon bowfront with live rock and a HOB filter running phosban, matrix, and carbon. I currently have 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 royal gramma basslet, 2 banggai cardinals, and one coral banded shrimp. The tank is about a year and a half old now and I had purchased from a man tearing it down. The banded shrimp was original to the tank while the clownfish are approaching a year old, the basslet is approaching about 6 months old, and the 2 cardinals are about 2 months old now. I had experience with tons of planted tanks and decided to take a go at saltwater. I'd like to get into corals but being only 17 I have some budget concerns. I love fish and I just wanted to show that even teenagers can do this! Haha. (And yes that is an artificial plant in a saltwater tank, the only reason I kept it is because the clowns hosted it and I don't want to remove it lol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	301205   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	301206  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	301207   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	301208  

Old 07-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Looks great, awesome job!

Old 07-08-2017, 01:28 PM   #3

The longest journey begins with the first step.

Marine hobbyist have to learn to crawl before they can walk just like the rest of us.

I never mastered that science, but i did enjoy a few years of trying, yes it was a rather expensive lesson because i always seemed to put the cart before the horse, and listen to people that really had no clue, but i finally found a friend in the business, ie; Morgan Lidster , who owns Inland Aquatics, and is very friendly and helpful with all things salt, after that it was smooth if not costly, but at least i didnt waste a lot of money from that point on. The key > read read read, and always seek advice from qualified hobbyist/dealers that not only talk the talk, but love the hobby.

Dont give up, it is absolutely a worthwhile endeavor.

Your first attempt is very nice by the way, bravo !

Tags
ate, salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan, tank, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com