My first saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkid17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well this is my first ever saltwater tank. It's a 45 gallon bowfront with live rock and a HOB filter running phosban, matrix, and carbon. I currently have 2 ocellaris clownfish, 1 royal gramma basslet, 2 banggai cardinals, and one coral banded shrimp. The tank is about a year and a half old now and I had purchased from a man tearing it down. The banded shrimp was original to the tank while the clownfish are approaching a year old, the basslet is approaching about 6 months old, and the 2 cardinals are about 2 months old now. I had experience with tons of planted tanks and decided to take a go at saltwater. I'd like to get into corals but being only 17 I have some budget concerns. I love fish and I just wanted to show that even teenagers can do this! Haha. (And yes that is an artificial plant in a saltwater tank, the only reason I kept it is because the clowns hosted it and I don't want to remove it lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 153
The longest journey begins with the first step.

Marine hobbyist have to learn to crawl before they can walk just like the rest of us.

I never mastered that science, but i did enjoy a few years of trying, yes it was a rather expensive lesson because i always seemed to put the cart before the horse, and listen to people that really had no clue, but i finally found a friend in the business, ie; Morgan Lidster , who owns Inland Aquatics, and is very friendly and helpful with all things salt, after that it was smooth if not costly, but at least i didnt waste a lot of money from that point on. The key > read read read, and always seek advice from qualified hobbyist/dealers that not only talk the talk, but love the hobby.

Dont give up, it is absolutely a worthwhile endeavor.

Your first attempt is very nice by the way, bravo !

Back
Top Bottom