My first SW tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
What your stock now

Blue spot goby
2x clowns
Chalk bass
Firefish.

It might have been a territorial dispute all the other fish look great and never hide so I'm gonna call it a day and not add any other fish.

So I lost the wrasse a week ago and my fire fish today. No idea why bit the fire fish had its stomach split open.

On another not I'm getting a lot of algae on my rocks? It's not hair algae it's like green web algea? What is it and how do I control it? Better CUC less light I do water changes everyweek.

Sharkbait54 said:
So I lost the wrasse a week ago and my fire fish today. No idea why bit the fire fish had its stomach split open.

On another not I'm getting a lot of algae on my rocks? It's not hair algae it's like green web algea? What is it and how do I control it? Better CUC less light I do water changes everyweek.

Pic would be a help cause there are a ton of different types

Sharkbait54 said:
Here's the pic it just dangles off the rock.

Is it like a brownish color? Tough to tell from the pic. I know it's a pain in the a** to get a good one when you need it.

22engine said:
Is it like a brownish color? Tough to tell from the pic. I know it's a pain in the a** to get a good one when you need it.

Ya brown color holds like a spider web all over the top of the rocks. I did a good thorough clean or tried at least got most of it off except for the dead coral it latches on real good to that. As you can see in the picture it rolls up and tangles when disturbed.

Sharkbait54 said:
I'm going to aquatic critter today to pick up some snails and maybe a shrimp or two.

Does it come back in a couple hours after you clean it

Ya, I went the lfs to pick up a peppermint shrimp just because he says he really thinks the deaths are linked to a hitchhiker crab.

He also thinks its cyano bacteria

Sharkbait54 said:
Ya, I went the lfs to pick up a peppermint shrimp just because he says he really thinks the deaths are linked to a hitchhiker crab.

He also thinks its cyano bacteria

Either that or dino's. Cyno is usually a reddish color. If its dinos you need to go lights out for a couple days. I am battling them now. Still have a small trace of them but not nearly as bad as it was. I shut the lights off for 3 1/2 days. No water changes because that actually makes it worse. Test all the levels to make sure they are good. Phosphate is important too. I also started dosing hydrogen peroxide as well

22engine said:
Either that or dino's. Cyno is usually a reddish color. If its dinos you need to go lights out for a couple days. I am battling them now. Still have a small trace of them but not nearly as bad as it was. I shut the lights off for 3 1/2 days. No water changes because that actually makes it worse. Test all the levels to make sure they are good. Phosphate is important too. I also started dosing hydrogen peroxide as well

Will do. Ive been searching for a hitchhiker with no luck.

I still haven't found a hitchhiker I just see my porcelain crab every now a then. All the fish are ok and the cyano is gone.

Sharkbait54 said:
I still haven't found a hitchhiker I just see my porcelain crab every now a then. All the fish are ok and the cyano is gone.

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't get any hitchhikers with my LR either. :)

Sharkbait54 said:

Atleast the algae is gone.

Back
Top Bottom