My new 20g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not new to the hobby now but can remember being sold an oriental sweet lips which you often see in many LFS to go into a 3ft tank, the owner told me it won't grow big, I then did my research and then realised it could grow up to 36 inch. This was before I joined any forums and trusted my LFS. As "most" of you have been saying, sound advice would have been better than getting blasted with crappy comments, we all have to start somewhere in this hobby and I bet most of us salty people will have made some sort of mistake or another when first staring out in this demanding hobby of ours.
Research, research and more research is the best bet.
To ody, I wish you all the best with your tank mate and any questions, don't be afraid to ask !

Thanks all you guys for the info and the possative input I haven't been on posting because I was made to feel like a **** which mabye I was and beengirl your rite price only on the glass don't even no wat a petco store looks like I'm in belfast and I maybe have two lfs available to me and you tend to trust them but another learning curve for me and advice well accepted I sold the tang and the butterfly fish for a lot less than what I paid and did ask what sise of tank they were going into to be honest I wasn't going to post or even come bk to the site nearly deleted my app but give it 1 last shot and glad I did tanks agsin for all the advice guys you made a novice happy and convenient again cheers

Don't feel bad...we ALL get excited about finding a fish and sometimes forego our best instincts. I've been doing this for awhile and about 3 mo. ago i started another sw tank (my 3rd). Was at a new LFS and saw a hawkfish in a very small tank (1g) and thought "I should rescue that"...knowing that they are aggressive. Got it home, put it in my new tank with my beautiful mc coskers wrasse and all my nice rockwork and corals... and it preceded to try to kill my wrasse. It knocked my wrasse out of the water and it hit the covering on my tank... needless to say i don't have the hawkfish anymore. Lets just say it had a freshwater burial. But i knew at the time not to buy it... and i did, and everybody suffered for it. Will not deviate from my livestock plan EVER again. Good LUck with your new projects!:cool:

Thanks all you guys for the info and the possative input I haven't been on posting because I was made to feel like a **** which mabye I was and beengirl your rite price only on the glass don't even no wat a petco store looks like I'm in belfast and I maybe have two lfs available to me and you tend to trust them but another learning curve for me and advice well accepted I sold the tang and the butterfly fish for a lot less than what I paid and did ask what sise of tank they were going into to be honest I wasn't going to post or even come bk to the site nearly deleted my app but give it 1 last shot and glad I did tanks agsin for all the advice guys you made a novice happy and convenient again cheers

I'm glad you stuck around. :) Did you get a different fish in place of the others?

No not yet beengirl doing a bit of reading to see what I can get but will do in the next day or two thanks again for Bering cool

No not yet beengirl doing a bit of reading to see what I can get but will do in the next day or two thanks again for Bering cool

Your welcome. I just don't like bullies. :) Research is great! Have fun!! Let us know what you decide on. :)

Hi guys just an update on what fish I dicided to get let me know what yous think 1 yellow goby really small and cute a mandrin blenny 1 maroon clown and bi colour blenny all very cool and very happy thanks for the help guys and advice thanks again

Hi guys just an update on what fish I dicided to get let me know what yous think 1 yellow goby really small and cute a mandrin blenny 1 maroon clown and bi colour blenny all very cool and very happy thanks for the help guys and advice thanks again

You already have these fish, or this is the planned fish? I'm assuming the mandarin blenny is a scooter blenny, maybe?

Think it more known as a mandrin dragnet got an image of the net

Attachments

• image-2552902268.jpg
    image-2552902268.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 61
Yep. A mandarin. Make sure it will eat pellet or frozen before you buy it. If it won't, it'll likely starve and die. So have them feed it in front of you and if it eats pellet or frozen, then I'd get it. If it doesn't, then I wouldn't get it. Unless they're trained to eat pellet or frozen, they only eat pods, and in a tank that small, he'll eat all the pods very quickly.
Otherwise, much better fish selection for your size tank! Keep us updated on the progress!

Yeah tank reared so I'm told and added pods to the tank twice in the last week to really populate it for the mandrin eating brine shrimp as well thank god lol

That's great it's eating brine too. :) I've heard that they'll eat thousands of pods per day, so having one that eats frozen too is great.

Thanks it all down to people like you and the other guys on the site that make people do things rite

Back
Top Bottom