My new 48G tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i finally managed to get myself a new saltwater tank with a sump and overflow system built in.....BEST thing i ever did. I wasn't going to move from my old tank to the new one just yet however my anemone decided it wanted to crawl into the intake of a filter pump i had and get chopped to pieces and it made a real mess of my tank :( Luckily it survived, and 48h later seems to be going on like nothing happened.....go figure?

At the moment i have 2 clowns which paired up the second i put the second one in, 1 yellow coral goby, 1 coral hawkfish and 1 damsel. I may add 1 more similar sized fish to the tank but that will be it. Maybe even a few more of the yellow gobies as they are cute and small. I also have a bubble tipped anemone. I'd love to get some more corals but i just don't have the time/knowledge to dedicate to looking after them and i would really hate to get them and they died. So for now i just keep my bubble tipped anemone.

Anyways i just wanted to share what i now have as without this forum i wouldn't have been able to learn to do all this stuff :) I am EXTREMELY happy with how it's turned out so far.

Any advice? Maybe what i could put into my sump for filtration purposes? Ceramic noodles etc?

Tank looks very nice and clean. You can just put some live rock rubble down in your sump. Great for filtration and a pod breeding ground.

That anemone doesn't look too good. It looks really bleached out. What kind of lighting are you running? What do you have for flow inside the tank? I don't see any powerheads and the anemone looks limp from lack of flow.

I agree with the LR rubble or you could make it a refuge and put some macro algea in it but you would need some lighting down there. Nothing fancy

Very cool looking tank. I like the dimensions.

As the others said the anemone looks a little rough. Increased flow would help a lot. I also think adding some rubble to the sump is a great idea, that along with some macro algae to help in the filtration. You may also want to consider shortening the hose from your return pump. You loose some of the pressure with it lose like that.

Back
Top Bottom