My New Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louiserose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is the tank my husband bought me for my birthday. It looks quite empty in comparisson to the ones i've seen on here but i absolutely love it :)

We intend on buying more live rock and adding some coral etc at a later date.

It looks a bit red by the way cause the other half had his finger over the flash when he took it lol.

img_1117973_0_eb18efb9b8308e5c8d8d1b72e3ba125b.jpg

gorgeous tank! i like the way you stacked your rock. look at it this way--lots of room to grow! :D

edit: looking at it now, it looks like one big piece instead of a stack...either way, i like it!

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 51g a little small for a blue and a yellow tang, especially along with other fish? Maybe you could look into upgrading your tank size :). Otherwise, awesome tank :D.

A1 is correct. The tangs are heavy wastte producers and very active swimmers. The Yellow Tang needs a 4ft tank and the Blue Tang a 6ft just so they can swim! Plus the extra water helps dilute the amount of waste they produce until it is removed by filtration.

Back
Top Bottom