My tank in pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New LED lights all set up. Lost my fav open brain and a couple of others all at the same time, like a mini crash last month...

Attachments

• image-2573072403.jpg
    image-2573072403.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 306
  • image-1180965630.jpg
    image-1180965630.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 294
  • image-2291802113.jpg
    image-2291802113.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 311
Wow, looks spectacular. Did you find anything out as to why you had a crash? Any culprits?

My magnesium was around 950 so i bought some mag suplement from the lfs and i think it created/contained amonia. 3 of my coral really reacted weird and died but i did a bunch of water changes and bought some better magnisium to dose with and everythings back in track.

Rebuilding one side of the tank to have only sps coral (I think). The new rock actually glows under the new LED fixture. Put the rock in today...

Attachments

• 01 January 18 002.jpg
    01 January 18 002.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 01 January 18 003.jpg
    01 January 18 003.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 01 January 18 004.jpg
    01 January 18 004.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 248
Hi, I need some help it's my first tank with a sump, main tank 300L. Sump has filters and skimmer then bio balls then return pump. Have had the tank for two months and already the bottom of the sump is very dirty, should I empty it to clean the bottom?

Should I take the bio balls out there is a plastic shelf with holes they sit on, do I leave that in and put live rock in there? Should i put some sand in there too?

Personally I don't have any sand in my sump. I do have a bunch of live rock and rock rubble for bacteria colonization. I am a strong believer in macro algae like cheato in the sump to consume nitrates with a cheap CFL lamp. Also, I only have 2 sections in my sump. the large first section houses my Skimmer, reactor pump, cheato and finally the rocks. Then there is my return section. The rocks prevent cheato from getting into the return section by creating a rock wall right to the surface of the sump water.
Good luck

Personally I don't have any sand in my sump. I do have a bunch of live rock and rock rubble for bacteria colonization. I am a strong believer in macro algae like cheato in the sump to consume nitrates with a cheap CFL lamp. Also, I only have 2 sections in my sump. the large first section houses my Skimmer, reactor pump, cheato and finally the rocks. Then there is my return section. The rocks prevent cheato from getting into the return section by creating a rock wall right to the surface of the sump water.
Good luck

Thank you so much. Are you able to send a photo of the sump at some point thanks again

Good luck

Also sorry to be a pain do you clean the bottom of your sump tank and also do you clean out the filter sponges that the water goes into first?

Back
Top Bottom