my tank so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, how big is your tank? How old and water readings?

im having an algea bloom right now because i cant get ro/di water and cant afford one right now but all my readings are good and its 8 months old and 55 gallon
0=amonia
0=nitrite
5=nitrate
8.2 = ph
1.024= salt

your readings are pretty good. how much are you feeding your fish and how often as well as what type of food.. also how much light and what type of light as well as how long are they on.
These will help us to help you get a handle on your algae problem.

i have 216 watt t5 light with individual reflectors they are on 10 hours i feed brine shrimp 0nce every 2 days only enough for them to eat in three min i feed them small amounts at a time

So your tank is 4', how tall is it and total gallons? If you are only feeding brine shrimp I would look into varing that diiet and maybe adding some vitamins to the mix, Looks like you only have one algae eater in the group (blenny). What about your CUC. You should think about adding a Tang or some other algae eating fish. Other then that it's a nice tank.

it is a standard 55 gal tank i have
1 moon wrasse
1 black clown
1 reg clown
1 lawnmower beleeny
1 three stripe dam
1 domino
1 clarks clown
10 snails
5 hermits
1 hammer coral
1 hairy mushroom rock
1 polyp and clover rock
1 sea cuc
is my tank over stocked all have been alive for at least 5 months
i put a fire gobby in the other day and they attacked it and killed it in about a half hour lol

Your tank is about maxed out. Your Damsel are going to end up being pretty nasty and may gang up on some of your other fishes when they get older.

Back
Top Bottom