Need advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercoverfarm5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok as you can see I need help and some advice. This is my first time setting up a tank this large as well as setting up sump tanks. From the over flows the water runs to two separate skimmers is what I think these are then runs into the sumps which are connected in the middle.. don’t know why or really how this tank was set up to run but looks kinda complicated. They had coolers and fans built for the lighting system but I am really thinking about putting in led lights. Any and all advice will be much appreciated! IMG_1132.jpgIMG_1133.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1130.jpg

you could always make 1 large one you have plenty of room under the stand .
theres a link below that can show you and tell you everything you need .
there just small sumps your tank is large so to make life easy one on either side

you could always make 1 large one you have plenty of room under the stand .
theres a link below that can show you and tell you everything you need .
there just small sumps your tank is large so to make life easy one on either side

What size sump do you think I really need for this 300 gallon? What about that link? I didn’t see it.

Can’t really help on sumps as only seen them, not used them but was thinking it was just convenient as well. I’ve never seen a dual sump but that I think is a very big tank.

I’d be tempted to leave all is unless going bigger on the sump. I’d say it all depends on stocking but everything I’ve seen is you want the water volume as big as possible.

I only have 150gal FW and use a 3gal and 5gal canister filters. I don’t need both but I hate dragging one outside to clean, filter cleans can be very good since I alternate cleans, etc. So for me it works well. Only time I think not go bigger is when not practical to work in.

On lights, I’d go LEDs but SW people will know more. I’ve used reef box lights in planted tanks which did have (computer) fans so could be worth leaving the lighting system fans just as is for moment.

Back
Top Bottom