Need help with where to go from here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's my tank as of just now.

ForumRunner_20130714_161915.jpg

To me it feels kinda blah. What should I add to it for more color, more pop. Something that catches your eye. I want to start some SPS, but I'm having trouble keeping ph up. It is currently at 7.83. I'm keeping zoas, mushrooms, a hammer and a Duncan, they are all doing rather well. I'm sure they would be doing better if I could get ph under control. Any suggestions?

What kind of lights do you have? IMO lights can really make make thinks pop. Sps are pretty hard. I started an sps tank and it is pretty hard to keep those beautiful colors.

Maybe add a background to fully focus on the tank instead of seeing what's behind it

Maybe move some rock closer to the from and leave some in the back. Make arches go from front to back and a diagonal upper slant. It will give ur tank a little more depth.

They are expensive but chalices are an lps and have more colors then you can imagine. Zoas/ palys have a large amount of colors also. Ricordeas would be another choice.

If your lights are metal halides or at least 4 strip t5 you can get an anemone.

I have a selection of lovely coloured lps -hammers, torches and leathers that are quite large too. I love the colours of green star polyps and clove polyps also...

Back
Top Bottom