New 220g corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tis must be one of the biggest corner tanks but man its gonna look good. The tank itself is going to be 28 inches tall. Back pieces are 4 foot each. I've asked for the biggest sump possible. It's height is so that the kitchen hatch can be adapted to look like its built into the wall when in the kitchen!

We're 2 weeks away and I plan on doing a FOWLR with mainly tangs and angels.

Here's a couple of pics of my current tank which is in the location the new tank will be in and a little diagram of the shape of the new tank.

Attachments

• image-1956937975.jpg
    image-1956937975.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 457
  • image-2579277508.jpg
    image-2579277508.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 482
Well the new tank arrives today and the one you see in my previous post has now been moved to the kitchen to free up space.

I'm not looking forward to lifting this thing but hey... No pain no game!

Will post some pics later when I've got it in the house. Exited much!!!!!

Here it is....

Unfortunately there is a chip in one of the small pieces of glass so I won't be able to fill it until its sorted. Gutted!

Attachments

• image-4095696073.jpg
    image-4095696073.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 435
Had huge plans for this weekend but they've been shattered!

The company that built the aquarium are going to replace the panel so fingers crossed it won't take long

wow that looks amazing. hope to see it in action soon.

On a more serious note though, the new pane of glass should be here next Wednesday so we'll be up and running for next weekend. Good timing because I've got family visiting!

I currently have a Juwel 180 with a cycled filter as a QT in my garage but was hoping to shut it down and put a smaller one in the cabinet of my new aquarium. I also have a 90 litre aquarium which fits under my new tank in the cabinet perfectly. All I'd want to do is set up an external filter on that and possibly have a drain from the QT so I can fill it up straight away. Ideas ideas....

Looking forward to setting this up properly

Thats amazing..i love the other room idea..you'll have to take pics from the other room when its all set up.

I'm just painting the frame that will sit in the other side making it appear to be built in so will take a picture when I've got that in place.

Fish wise I already have a few which include,

1 Yellow tang,
2 small black and white clowns,
3 chromis,
1 powder blue tang,
1 moorish idol,
1 regal tang.

I'm thinking I may add in the future a foxface rabbit fish, a few anthias, possibly a banded eel and I'm thinking about a volitans lion. I'm aware however my small clowns and chromis may have to go.

I would love to have a ray but I really don't think it's big enough. Even if I did leave as much swimming space up top available and keep a load of rock downstairs I still don't think there'll be enough.

Yes they're great I've actually got 4 but will be separating them because they'll just fight eventually. Female one has already started growing out and is double the size if the others.

Back
Top Bottom