New 90G Ac Aquatics Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The weeks are closing in and fingers crossed about the first or second week of March i will be in receipt of my new Custom Aquarium.

I plan on doing a well stocked SPS tank and so far have the following equipment.

-Deltec MC500 Protein Skimmer
-3 x Aquaray Reef White Tiles
-2 x Aquaray Ultra Fiji Blue Strips
-2 x Koralia Powerheads (1x4600lph & 1x2300lph)
-1 x D&D Phosphate Reactor with Bio Phos 80 Media
-Plenty of live rock (not sure of weight i will do this when new tank arrives)
-1 x Tunze Auto Top Up
-2 x Rena Smart 300w Heaters

I think thats everything.

I'm planning on doing a sandless tank and covering the floor with coral instead.

I've not yet decided on a Calcium reactor. Might go with the Bubble Magus. Any experience with these? I know they're resonably priced.

I may add a couple more lights to my aquaray setup as i stock up with corals however my first plan is to get the water as stable as possible before going nuts on SPS!

Finally i have ordered my tank from Ac Aquatics. I've read mixed reviews about them mainly regarding communication which doesn't bother me as long as the tank arrives and is what i wanted. I'm sure it will be. They're busy for a reason right?

I'll post pictures as i progress with the build. At the moment i only have a boring Rio 240 set up literally to house my rock and livestock.

How rude of me I forgot I mention the dimensions.

Length 40 inches
Height 20 inches
Depth 28 inches

It comes with a sump with 4 sections. Not sure on size but I plan on doing a refugium.

Looking at ordering a Cleartides Calcium Reactor. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Still waiting on confirmation but it should be about 2 weeks until I get my new tank! Talk about itchy!

Also need to get another aquaray 1000hd and the controller, probably more live rock too. I'm going to order a further 19 kilos from Live Rock Uk!

I've decided against any substrate as I want my water to be as pristine as possible. I will us the base of the aquarium to grow zoas and other smaller corals.

Il also be upgrading my RO system to a fully automated RODI system. Looking forward to that as my water has high nitrates and my RO unit only produces water about 15 tds. That's with new membranes throughout.

What is a good sps colony to start with?

It's the final countdown.....

I should hear this week when I will be getting the new tank. This has felt like a long drawn out wait especially when you're stuck with an old juwel rio 240. Awful!

Il be posting on here as I build the new tank and put the pieces together. So exited!

Back
Top Bottom